The "yet to be named" tundra build

the dude

Adventurer
I forgot to get a picture of it deployed. Works great with the vestibule underneath. With a a different tent it could go lower. Looks a litle goofy that high on the back, but works well.

81a73a79.jpg

8ff4c317.jpg

D

Deleted member 9101

Looks good man!!!! Now ya need a platform going across the front of the bed so you can put totes or something and keep it easily accessible.

the dude

Adventurer
Looks good man!!!! Now ya need a platform going across the front of the bed so you can put totes or something and keep it easily accessible.

Thanks. That's the next thing on the list. I am thinking a drawer system under the dog crates to the back of the box and maybe a headache rack/platform?? Not sure yet. I needed the rack for this week so it was done quickly. Hopefully after some use we will figure out what would work the best for us.

big brown truck showed up today. New Weather-tech floor mats. Perfect fit. Hopefully the airbags show up tomorrow.

2472e4d5.jpg

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
I think a fore rack would be a sweet compliment to your RTT rack. I'd make it sit just a little lower than the rear rack so tossing up storage boxes would be a bit easier and I would add a headache rack with enough height to throw a ladder or boat up on the rack as a whole. Plus the storage boxes could act as debris shields to help protect the RTT some. Very nice job with both the rack and the sliders..cool stuff. :elkgrin:

the dude

Adventurer
Thanks Mark! I have a Yakima rack for the roof as well that I am going to try and incorporate into the "system" as I would like to haul a canoe on occasion.

Here's a better picture of it washed up.

59dc3e13.jpg

the dude

Adventurer
That's a great idea and I really like that design, I have to go measure my space and the action packers now! Thanks for posting that, it gives me a great place to start!

tyv12

Adventurer
Did a rack for a simpson 3 tent and had the bars go into the top of the box rails so I could still use my roll top, worked out pretty good, double cab tundras are the best rigs out there!!

Attachments

• tyler work 030.JPG
    tyler work 030.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 131

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater