Tiger (GT and XL) Hunting

suntinez

Explorer
1979 chevy 1 ton chassis, 4x4, Denver area - $12,700

I can’t quite figure out what this is, maybe Tiger related as it was made by FWC? Definitely Tiger-ish.

http://denver.craigslist.org/rvs/2845676151.html

pop-up,4x4 Chevy van - $12700 (west denver)

1979 chevy 1 ton chassis...400 cid engine...68 k original miles. cockpit controlled air shocks....skirt of pop-top is pristine...even original green shag carpet has been retained.
...furnace, double sink,stove / cooktop, shower, porta-pottie, water heater, fresh water tank, 3 deep cells.
built by "Four Wheel Campers" in lakewood for Alaska expeditions...only one trip was made due health of original owner.
ask me for more complete documentation and history of extensive renovations. thanks ...Mark

5I75K65F53Ga3J93lfc2qaa844f444e8e19a4.jpg

suntinez

Explorer
1989 GT, Southfork, CO $6500

96727317_1thumb_550x410.jpg

Not a lot of info in the ad here.

Holiday RV South
26076 Us Highway 160
South Fork, CO 81154
(877) 241-2684

suntinez

Explorer
1998 GT, 88K miles, $9500 (Downtown ABQ)

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/rvs/2945375619.html

1998 Provan Tiger Pop-Top RV - $9500 (Downtown ABQ)
Date: 2012-04-07, 10:31AM MDT
Reply to: bcgbf-2945375619@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Hello all,

I'm selling my Tiger RV, built by Provan on a Chevy Astro chassis. I can't say enough good things about this rig. I lived in it for a year or so, but now that I'm in grad school, I no longer use it. It's got 88000 miles on it, runs perfectly, and has brand new front and rear shocks. It is not 4x4.

V6 vortec engine gets an average of 17mpg. I've gotten as good as 20 in it.

It has a bathroom (toilet and shower), sink and stove, propane heater and water heater, and a three-way fridge, all functioning.

Pictures are forthcoming.

Serious inquiries only, please. Call or email me with a time you'd like to meet to look at the RV. I'm a grad student at UNM, so my schedule is pretty hectic.

Here's my number:
5O5 6O3 6nine4nine.

sambot

Observer
4x4 Tiger GT 10,500

This is not mine. It could be yours for 10,500
:Wow1:

http://denver.craigslist.org/rvs/2945901369.html
1988 Tiger Camper/Van Pop-Top 43K 4.3 V-6 Customized lift package/4 wheel drive. Fully contained. Fridge, cookstove, microwave, heater, shower, toilet. Loft sleeping and table converts to bed. In good condition and ready for your summer adventures.

Railvan

Adventurer
"T.Low: That's exactly what I've been talking about."

Yeah, I agree. As much as I think your Astro is awesome, with your family getting bigger (again), this really would make more sense in the long run. It's likely to have twice the cubic room inside as a stock Astro body and with stove, running water, potty, etc, just way more convenient with kids.

wannaby

Adventurer
What kind of milage does the 4.3 get heard its a gas guzzler same as a v8....it is cool...are those dents on the driverside or just reflections.too bad its so far away to check out for me and sight unseen is risky.but if a guy wants one looks like thats they way to go.....wish they werent so popular it will be gone by the time I make my mind up.

Basement Yeti

Explorer
I have a light foot and get 21-22 in my AWD stock vans, I could probably pull 23 or 24 constantly in a RWD stock van. When I had my Tiger GT RWD I was getting about 20 or so fully loaded with water and fuel. I reckon the lifted 4x4 GT (If it's part time) gets 18 or so, if you take it easy on the gas pedal.

They aren't gas guzzlers, for being 4,750 to nearly 7,000lbs for the Tigers.

Aaron has this cool idea for a roll up air dam on the front bumper, I bet that would help. Learning to neutral coast is great too, especially for a heavy vehicle like the Tiger. I have earned .5 extra MPG on Winzling learning to neutral coast.

I actually think these vans would get better fuel economy with a V8, more power to spare. Aaron told me these vans were actually built to accept V8s when they thought the competitors were going with V8s, but it never panned out and they went with the V6 instead. A small block is almost a straight swap, save for the oil pan on the AWD.

-Kyle

Last edited:

T.Low

Expedition Leader
What kind of milage does the 4.3 get heard its a gas guzzler same as a v8....it is cool...are those dents on the driverside or just reflections.too bad its so far away to check out for me and sight unseen is risky.but if a guy wants one looks like thats they way to go.....wish they werent so popular it will be gone by the time I make my mind up.

I get 15.5 to 17 depending. I'm not sure the 4.3 is a gas guzzler, but i do realize the van has all the aerodynamics of a garden shed, so it is what it is.

wannaby

Adventurer
Ya thats what I told my bud who really cares about milage. A v8 in there would be cool, think its been done read of a guy buying a tiger with a blown v6 and v8ing it wonder if he ever did. he got it cheap down south somewhere.Stupid me just went to page one and see it was the start of this whole thread....

Basement Yeti

Explorer
Ya thats what I told my bud who really cares about milage. A v8 in there would be cool, think its been done read of a guy buying a tiger with a blown v6 and v8ing it wonder if he ever did. he got it cheap down south somewhere.Stupid me just went to page one and see it was the start of this whole thread....

A V8 is nearly a straight swap, unless, like I said, you have an AWD. Same engine mounts, same harness, mostly, except for the obvious bits. I really feel like my van is under powered sometimes when dogging through mountain passes. Especially my old van completely loaded down.

I'm lucky I live in my van and leisurely travel on no particular schedule. I can afford to drive 55-60 and get 20+mpg.

-Kyle

wannaby

Adventurer
tell me more about this nuetral coast does it really save that much seems like more troubl than its worth.seems it wouldnt be too good for the tranny or brakes.and wouldnt putting it back into gear after coasting...kind of be bad for it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3