Tiger (GT and XL) Hunting

ihatemybike

Explorer
I was called a guru. **snicker**

My second Astro was a 1994, lasted through my 20s. I wasn't easy on that van and it taught me a lot. Still ran good when I sold it with 211k miles, and I'm still kicking myself for selling it.

Were you actually in Elgin or just near Chicago?

suntinez

Explorer
In Elgin after visiting Chicago. Met my next door neighbor from home, he was visiting a childhood friend there. Small world.

Yeah guru ... you, Herbie and T. Low got the astros covered for us here. Thanks :)

T.Low

Expedition Leader
In Elgin after visiting Chicago. Met my next door neighbor from home, he was visiting a childhood friend there. Small world.

Yeah guru ... you, Herbie and T. Low got the astros covered for us here. Thanks :)

It is a small world ideed for those who care to get out and experience it.

Aaron is definitely an Astro guru, a great representative of some of what Astrosafarivans.com has to offer. Tons of Astro knowledge and experience, and a mind like a computer controlled steal trap.

Herbie is a great technical mind with capable hands and not afraid of tearing into anything.

I am just a dreamer that somehow manages to make some of those dreams come true.

T.Low

Expedition Leader
Kyle (Basement Yeti) flew to Florida and picked up a 94 Tiger GT. Unfortunately the seller neglected to mention the canvas and roof supports are missing, price was re-negotiated. He should be arriving at my house in a few days, brakes, suspension, springs and more will be replaced/upgraded.

That is too frikin awesome. Looking forward to pics

Basement Yeti

Explorer
Aaron is definitely a guru. He's like my Astro sense, I called him at work when I got there and the dude who was selling the van was like, "not my issue" haha. The van is actually not too bad, I threatened the guy down from 2,900 to 2,200, I figure I'll invest some money into it and make it killer.

The only really expensive thing it needs is either new canvas and walls, 1,850, or a hard top for 3,500-4,000. The rest of the stuff are suspension, tires, maybe brakes, a wee bit of mechanical tinkering, and cosmetic. Then luxury stuff I want to eventually do.

I figure it'll just raise the value of it, if I ever sell it, I'm falling in love.

She's 2WD btw. But with so much weight on her rear axle, she could power through a lot of crap, lol.

suntinez

Explorer
2002 Tiger GT AWD with Hardtop 30k miles East Tennessee, $25K

This one had its GT poptop replaced with a hardtop so it’s kind of both.

Bill has done numerous upgrades and I’m sure it’s just as he says - he has owned multiple Tigers and knows what he’s talking about. He also maintains the “for sale” database in the group. Someone is going to score a really nice Tiger.

TroySmith80

Adventurer
EDIT** JUst noticed this same one was listed and posted in this thread back in June... oh well, i guess it's been for sale for a while, probably negotiable.

Here's on in Oregon (NOT MINE) for $2.5k... thats two-point-five, not twenty-five. It's older and a fixer upper, but cheap. Not AWD.

salem.craigslist.org/rvs/2699965667.html

For sale is a 1989 Tiger Provan. It's a 16 foot motorhome built on an Astro minivan chassis, making it solid enough to haul a boat or a trailer for ATV lovers, yet small enough for anyone to drive. It has a 3-way fridge/freezer, 3 burner stove top, and dual sink in kitchen area. There is no AC in the house, but the dash AC in the cab cools the entire unit quickly and efficiently. Propane furnace works awesome! The fully self-contained bathroom even has a shower! Canvas top pops up to reveal an overhead bunk above the cab. Dining area also converts to bed. Sleeps 4 adults.

This camper is 22 years old and in need of some major TLC, but everything works and the engine runs great! Has 170,000 miles on it. Got a major tune up last year. 2WD. Gets about 20 MPG. This camper is easy to drive and easy to take care of. It needs a very loving home with owners who will appreciate it's full value and are willing and able to put some work into it.

I'm asking $2500 OBO.

5Y35U35X53n03o03labbd596583f28b741803.jpg

Last edited:

blupaddler

Conspirator
A 1995 Tiger Provan XL will be coming up for sale in about two weeks. One member has first shot, if they pass it up, it will be for sale...

1995 Tiger Provan XL AWD
Approx. 117k miles
$15,000

PM me for more details

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WRL

Members online