Trump's 03 Tacoma

trump

Adventurist
As beautiful as it was I only took a handful of pictures this past weekend. I forgot to get close-ups of the hood, so I'll get a couple posted tomorrow. Thanks ETAV8R for that last photo.

CIMG1672.jpg

CIMG1668.jpg

CIMG1677.jpg

trumpMR.jpg

Last edited:

trump

Adventurist
Here are some more shots of the hood blackout.

vinyl-3.jpg

vinyl-2.jpg

vinyl-1.jpg

I'm still very happy with this mod. It cuts out considerable glare off the hood and seems to help during a long day of driving. I realized when switching to another pair of sunglasses that even though the blackout is anti-reflective as possible, it still will reflect a small amount of light. The answer is polarized sunglasses if this bothers you and that glare will disappear. This info is all subjective, but I think most will be happy with deciding to go for it (with exception of someone concerned with the temperature of their hood in the sun of course. :confused: ) Also, don't forget the expo bling factor. :sombrero: Kidding aside, it does look pretty sweet.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Well, you made quick work out of that. It must be nice to have a full factory product with a template and everything in the box ;)

Looks good. Now where's that FlipPac - did they source some special fiberglass from another planet or what?

trump

Adventurist
I opted for Kevlar with the baby seal interior. Chuck Norris is holding up the show since they condition the leather with his tears. :D

Box Rocket

I like the snorkel and each time I see your truck I'm reminded that I really want to order up the hood blackout decal. Looks great to me.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
I like the snorkel and each time I see your truck I'm reminded that I really want to order up the hood blackout decal. Looks great to me.

You better hurry. After seeing trump's I went ahead and pulled the trigger - it looks great and makes more of a difference driving than I thought it would. I wussed out though and had a graphics shop apply it. Glad I did because I would have ended up having to buy 3 after trashing the first 2...

Box Rocket

You better hurry. After seeing trump's I went ahead and pulled the trigger - it looks great and makes more of a difference driving than I thought it would. I wussed out though and had a graphics shop apply it. Glad I did because I would have ended up having to buy 3 after trashing the first 2...

I'm watching your build thread....wheres the pics?

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
I'm watching your build thread....wheres the pics?

That would require picture taking... imagine a hood blackout just like trump's but a silver hood instead of white. And taller with a solid axle up front. ;)

I usually take pics if it's something different or original.

You know they make those blackouts for 80's too.

trump

Adventurist

Thanks... Just beware that the snorkel with the hood blackout puts it over the top with bling factor.Three people stopped or flagged me down yesterday alone to talk about the truck ...Never ran into that before.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Thanks... Just beware that the snorkel with the hood blackout puts it over the top with bling factor.Three people stopped or flagged me down yesterday alone to talk about the truck ...Never ran into that before.

It's a definite chick magnet...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3

Members online