Two year circumnaviagtion of Africa in my 2007 JKUR - The Road Chose Me

HRPINDC

Adventurer
Nice! It's been a long, tough road for you to get to this point. I'm glad to see things working out and you realizing your dream. Jeep looks great. I'll be living vicariously through you! You can follow my blog, "The desk chose me". Seriously though, who in their right mind would read that? Have a great trip.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Nice! It's been a long, tough road for you to get to this point. I'm glad to see things working out and you realizing your dream. Jeep looks great. I'll be living vicariously through you! You can follow my blog, "The desk chose me". Seriously though, who in their right mind would read that? Have a great trip.

+10 points for your blog name! ha ha.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader

Thanks for the encouragement!

If it makes you feel any better, I just spent 4 years driving a desk to save money to go on this trip.
You can do it too!

I'm currently writing a book on exactly that topic, I really enjoy showing & helping others get out and live their dreams.

-Dan

HRPINDC

Adventurer
+10 points for your blog name! ha ha.

Thanks man!

Thanks for the encouragement!

If it makes you feel any better, I just spent 4 years driving a desk to save money to go on this trip.
You can do it too!

I'm currently writing a book on exactly that topic, I really enjoy showing & helping others get out and live their dreams.

-Dan

Forget about me, I'm a lost cause. Wife, kid, house, partnership track etc. In all honesty I love it, not sure I'm the type who could walk away from it all. I need the fast pace. But I respect the hell out of people like you who are chasing their dreams. For now I'll be happy with my short trips, but one day I'll follow in your footsteps. For now I'll follow your blog. Enjoy!

wanabxtrm

Observer
Dan a few quick questions; those are the stock size tired correct? Any chance you can weigh your jeep and measure your ground to fender height? Mostly just curious, but it'll help my decision once I get around to upgrading my suspension. Thanks.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Is that solar on top of the roof?

Shhh! (haha)

I'm writing the final update now, including all the details on that.

wanabxtrm said:
Dan a few quick questions; those are the stock size tired correct? Any chance you can weigh your jeep and measure your ground to fender height? Mostly just curious, but it'll help my decision once I get around to upgrading my suspension. Thanks.

Stock Rubi tires yes. They need replacing before I leave North America, still undecided on what brand to run, though not going bigger.

Weighing the Jeep is on my to do list - I will post it up when I do. Hopefully I can get all four corners for fun.

And yes, I will measure ground to fender too. It's an AEV 2.5" lift, and even with all the additions, it's sitting at least a 1.5" higher than it did as a stock Rubicon.
I've only put about 3k miles on the lift though, so it might settle a bit yet.

-Dan

Septu

Explorer
Saw the awning. If you remember the rain we got camping that one weekend, and how much space was lost due to no walls, I kinda question how effective that would be in the rain. Good for the sun obviously.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shazpete