UAV-TD (Urban Assualt Vehicle - tear drop) build

silvrzuki77

explorer
Alright got my windows and door latches in!!!!
Here is the first door soo far.
null_zps45d75ac3.jpg

Everything soo far seems to be fitting great. Need to go by some more 1x4 tomorrow hopefully. Have family in town and then leaving for san diego monday soo we will see how far i get. Should be buying the aluminum beginning of August when some friends get back from vacation soo I have help installing it. Gettin closer!!!

Adventurer
Beautiful work, I've really enjoyed watching it develop. Quick question, what size wrench is that in the foreground of the 4th picture of post #197? The one next to the broom.

Sent from somewhere on Earth.

silvrzuki77

explorer
Thanks!
The wrench is a williams 36" 3 x 3 3/8 from the 40's. Supposedly my wifes great grandfather worked at the factory that made them, then her other grandfather worked in the navy shipyard during WW2. I snagged it after he passed away going to hang it up on the wall but it weighs roughly 60 pounds.

silvrzuki77

explorer
Thanks guys for the support! Should have the passenger door finished today. Need to find some hinges for the door. Friday morning I am going to pick up the aluminum.

silvrzuki77

explorer
null_zps8612d286.jpg

Second door is finished!!! I made a mistake on the latch cut a little too much out on the exterior. Its still supported at the end and it doesnt affect anything. Once skinned never know lol.
Got to start ordering trim and sunday will be skinning day!

silvrzuki77

explorer
Alrighty got some good updates!! Glued my front aluminum on the other day.
null_zps59851325.jpg

Had two buddies come over and give me a hand cutting and gluing the sides on.
null_zps4f6137c4.jpg

Takes at least 24 hrs for the glue to set, cant wait to see it with all my ghetto clamps off.

rocrunr

Adventurer
Looking good,a little ghetto doesn't matter if it gets the job done! It would be wonderful to have the right tool for every job but in my world it doesn't happen to often so creative thinking or ghetto as you call it gets the task done. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77