UAV-TD (Urban Assualt Vehicle - tear drop) build

silvrzuki77

explorer
I do have a few updates. Here is the aluminum siding all glued on. Man if you even look at the aluminum wrong it scratches!! Eventually I am going to wrap it to match my hummers. I started doing the extrior hatch also, still need to finish the very back of the roof and upper portion of the hatch. Tomorrow I am ordering all the trim and hatch hinge. I have the water pump and boat style water fill on their way. Picking up a a couple of aftermarket heavier duty samurai leafsprings to replace the beat down stock ones. Have a lot going on.
y9yne6yj.jpg
ydutepev.jpg
y3esatej.jpg

Last edited:

silvrzuki77

explorer
Trim is on its way. That got expensive! Finished the last piece of aluminum for the hatch just need to glue the roof piece on. Other parts are starting to arrive. Here is the boat style water fill.
nyqaredu.jpg

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
that looks familiar...lol

Marine stuff is super great on a custom trailer. I have a bunch of marine shops close to home, all the RV places are miles away. I think the marine stuff is generally better quality too. Most of the plumbing fittings, electrical, and fastners I used and the hose etc is all marine.

VanIsle_Greg

Thanks man, ditto...really like this build of yours. The fitting in the pic is the vent for the tank with a temporary end on it and a cap I had lying around from the pump. I have a valve to install under the plate and a nice end to put on too. Wanted it up high and thought why not handy and close by the fill tube. Surprising amount of air comes out of there when filling the tank! lol

VanIsle_Greg

Very cool, i was think of just running a breather tube up high near the fill port but inside the trailer. Not sure yet.

I got the idea from our Travel Trailer. The fill tube has the vent right beside it too, so hey, why break from tradition? I also like that my fill stuff is all inside the tub, keeps it clean safe and locked up!

silvrzuki77

explorer
Got quite a few things done yesterday. A friend at work had a set of suzuki samurai old man emu spring that he gave me! Thanks again Capt!
Stock springs were too beat down. Hopefully these will work or i can build a basturd pack later.
null_zpscd24a800.jpg

Old springs on the left heavier duty ones on the right.
null_zps75d1b2ff.jpg

Installed, still need brakes!
Finished glueing the last piece of aluminum on!
null_zps80cfd40c.jpg

Other things cut the roof vent hole out and started getting the water tank fittings installed. Even had time to drive down with the kids and check out the Vegas to Reno race trucks at tech inspection. Pretty productive day.

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
I would stay away from putting the fill tube and vent in the trailer. Metal trailers are one thing, but wood is a different deal. Also be sure it is high enough up. You can purchase the RV tube and vent at any RV place. I would try to get it about two feet above the floor or the top of the tank. On my original trailer I did not get it high enough and on steep hills water leaked out the vent tube.. You can get locking doors for them to. Not the securest deal for sure, but have never heard of anyone messing with them.

Coming along nicely sir. I am anxious to hear about the first trip. When is that planned?

Last edited:

silvrzuki77

explorer
I am looking at installing the vent tube in the fender next to the body now. The fill tube Im kind of stuck mounting it the side of the trailer. In hindsight if i would have made my fender with a bigger opening I could have ran everything in the fender.

We are headed to Death Valley Nov 3rds for 5 days. I would really like to get at least on night before than for a shake down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77