UAV-TD (Urban Assualt Vehicle - tear drop) build

silvrzuki77

explorer
Todays progress siliconed the exterior trim and around where the aluminum and trailer frame meet. My exterior door trim became interior door trim. Trim was a little too wide going to have to figure out another option. Mounted and wired my exterior flood lights.
null_zps0fa0a322.jpg

Siliconed around the housing also.
Plumbed all the water lines off the tank and into the rear. Going to end up putting foam around the lines.
null_zps5a617169.jpg

Installed the water pump. Should have good access to everything and be easy to work on.
null_zps8c12bfa0.jpg

Had a set back though. I was given a set of rear leaf springs, I thought were heavier duty. They work better than stock but not going to cut it. I can push down and bottom the tires on the fenders. Going to order some heavier rear springs that are 265/lbs versus the stock 0/lbs replacements.
Bummed lol

Last edited:

rocrunr

Adventurer
Sorry to hear the springs didn't work for ya. Third times a charm! lol . Zuk are you not concerned about the water lines rubbing through where they go through the cross members in the frame?

silvrzuki77

explorer
No, i have some plastic tubing to put over it just havent thrown on there yet was running out of time.

Last edited:

silvrzuki77

explorer
Got my roof vent yesterday.
null_zps24e6fb12.jpg

Super easy install. Planning eventually pulling the fan and replacing it with a computer fan.
null_zps891c13a6.jpg

Also installed my interior dome light
null_zps6a7f8f4b.jpg

Started working on installing the hatch trim till i ran out of butyl tape. Maybe the local rv store will have some I can get tomorrow.

Ozarker

Love the attention to detail and quality of work, very nice job! Not sure what you're going to attack with it in urban areas but it's turning out to be a nice trailer, you'll have no problem with changing the springs, keep on truck'n.

rocrunr

Adventurer
Like the computer fan idea, I was thinking the same thing, they are easy on power and are really quite. Nice work, can't wait to see the finished product!

silvrzuki77

explorer
Alright todays update! Got a whole 2 hours of combine sleep last night at work lol. Thank god for coffee and beer. Finally got my boat fuel tank vent Im using as a water vent.
null_zpsec243396.jpg

Then the big update!!
Got a door installed and the latch catch installed!
null_zps6d7c401f.jpg

null_zps372e7ad3.jpg

Have to order the door trim and seal but have plenty of room for that. Finishing putting the polyurethane on the edges and exposed wood at the moment. Should have the window in tuesday! Then off to the other side.

Last edited:

toyotech

Expedition Leader
looks like its coming together really nicely. the tire size makes it one sweet looking trailer. i want it!! the UAV got me sold because my friend would call my off road vehicles zombie assault vehicle. than i picked up a dd accord wagon that he dubbed UAV lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77