UAV-TD (Urban Assualt Vehicle - tear drop) build

silvrzuki77

explorer
Hey getting quite a bit done! Installed the filler tube.
null_zpse3232607.jpg

General idea of the fill except im going to use a 45 degree bend
null_zps1bc1a883.jpg

Got most of the trim in
null_zps13028b9b.jpg

I siliconed where all the aluminum edges meet and filled all the holes with silicone.
null_zps0c6158fc.jpg

Also started the galley trim
null_zpsebe4d0bd.jpg

Everything has the butyl tape underneath the trim. Both edges are now done and and all the body seams are covered.

Last edited:

rocrunr

Adventurer
It's really taking shape now. How do you plan on finishing around the side door? I really like that water fill it's a really clean look. Keep up the good work!

silvrzuki77

explorer
I have some smaller trim for the door area. Still have to figure the actual door and how i want to do it. Hopefully I will have some pics tomorrow of the door area.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Looking great, and yes that water fill fitting looks great on there, nice and stealthy in black. Nice work on the trim, starting to look finished!! Is there a rubber or plastic piece that slides in to cover the screws?

silvrzuki77

explorer
Ha, I am notorius for building stuff then selling it not soo sure this time. If it falls apart on the trail i will let you know where i burned it and you can pick it up. Lol

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
A tear drop from the ground up, individually made is like building a small home. Water, lights, 110, solar, gas, 12 volt systems. A tremendous amount of work, far more than most realize. I am sure it is a thing of love and hate zuk, but giving it up will be hard, unless you have tons of things you would have done differently, then maybe. But taking on a project like this is all out of the box thinking. Pretty impressive job sir.

silvrzuki77

explorer
There are a somethings that wish i had done different like prefab doors or the interior roof that kicked my butt loo. Overall pretty happy with the way its coming along. Hopefully I will have some updates tonight and tomorrow.

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
When and where are you dragging this puppy. I am headed to St. George, Utah the 15th and 16th of October for Senior Games, and then on to Moab area to meet up with Ace Brown for a few days. Maybe you could make it as all will have trailers. We go a little slower, so having a group makes it better and we don't hold others up. Let me know.

silvrzuki77

explorer
Nov 3rd-7th going to death valley. Those days in oct are right in the middle of my work cycle that month. That would be awesome to get together! Your more than welcome on the death valley trip!

jim65wagon

A tear drop from the ground up, individually made is like building a small home. Water, lights, 110, solar, gas, 12 volt systems. A tremendous amount of work, far more than most realize. I am sure it is a thing of love and hate zuk, but giving it up will be hard, unless you have tons of things you would have done differently, then maybe. But taking on a project like this is all out of the box thinking. Pretty impressive job sir.

Absolute truth there Bob!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77