UJOR Build Thread

bkbroiler00

Observer
I can get one together in just a few days, everything is ready to rock. $459

600_TC4R70_75.jpg

Hey Chris - maybe you've already said, but do you mind explaining again what this kit will do? Is it to allow a NV271 to bolt up to the stock tranny? Is this the same thing as adding a tail shaft? thanks!

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Yes. This kit allows the 271 to be mated with the 4R70 & 4R75. We slightly modify the tail housing and instruct how to drill & tap the transmission case to accept it. The transmission still has to be torn down for this mod and that needs to be done by a professional.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Finally......!!! V7's axle is going to built. Trying some new things that will become options for our axle builds. We're using a SpynTec hub conversion, Big boy calipers from SSBC along with their rotors, Mile Marker hubs, 4.56 gears, everything else will be standard UJOR spec D60 stuff.

11924942_1038492329503328_1604566200070936074_n.jpg

sixstringsteve

Explorer
I like where this is headed. I want bigger brakes without having to do a Stage 2 axle (not that I would mind a stage 2 axle, it's just out of the budget).

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
I like where this is headed. I want bigger brakes without having to do a Stage 2 axle (not that I would mind a stage 2 axle, it's just out of the budget).

You mean "Without adding the RSC upgrade?"

Chris, these SSBC rotors aren't any larger than stock correct? Just drilled/slotted(vs stocks which are solid face), and 8piston SSBC calipers...?

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Yes. This kit allows the 271 to be mated with the 4R70 & 4R75. We slightly modify the tail housing and instruct how to drill & tap the transmission case to accept it. The transmission still has to be torn down for this mod and that needs to be done by a professional.

Gonna ask a dumb one here, but what needs to be drilled tapped, and modified? I don't recall anything special like that having to be done for mine. E4OD for a '92 E350.

TwinStick

Explorer
I know there is a good reason why these Nissan NV's are gonna be 4wd converted---vs the Ford Transit full size, i just must have missed it. Could someone wiser than me let me know please. Seriously, i am curious.

Thanks in advance for your help.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor

The RSC upgrade (or this future SSBC setup) can be put on a Stage 1 or 2.

You mean "Without adding the RSC upgrade?"

Chris, these SSBC rotors aren't any larger than stock correct? Just drilled/slotted(vs stocks which are solid face), and 8piston SSBC calipers...?

Correct. Same dia as stock, just has the 8 piston calipers and optional upgraded rotors.

Gonna ask a dumb one here, but what needs to be drilled tapped, and modified? I don't recall anything special like that having to be done for mine. E4OD for a '92 E350.

E4OD is a different unit. The extension housing has to have all but one hole opened up, the housing has to be tapped for an additional mounting bolt.

Well, I can't get the RSC upgrade without getting a stage 2 axle. So to me, it's one and the same. A stage 2 with RSC would be awesome though.

You can go Stage 1 w/RSC. And yes, The Stage 2 with RSC is an awesome setup!

I know there is a good reason why these Nissan NV's are gonna be 4wd converted---vs the Ford Transit full size, i just must have missed it. Could someone wiser than me let me know please. Seriously, i am curious.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Nissan has a frame.

I'm guessing it's because the transits have a unibody instead of a frame.

Exactamundo!

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Say Chris, I know you're going to Expo East. Are you heading over with a herd or rolling solo? Any Ambos coming along? I'm thinking of bringing my beast down for the weekend and scoping things out.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
It's 3 miles from my shop so we'll have a few rigs there. Last year we had the Tribe of 5 ambo there, don't think I'll have him bring it this year so we can mix it up a bit. In the booth we'll have V4 with the Sherpa, V7 and Steel Blue as long as it doesn't sell by then. Trying to squeeze 2 more big boys too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues