UJOR Build Thread

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Javier/Crows strikes again! Got this pic last week from a guy looking for some help. Hope we can get him back on the road whether he decides to just fix this mess or DeJavier. There are a few questionable things here!

11140033_1079299868755907_755532630331604171_n.jpg

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Wow sweet swaybar bushing. And cracked and fatiguing metal anywhere is always a plus. Where do I sign? ;)

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
I think that bushing most likely came out after the trac bar bracket separated. The front shaft also took out the oil filter that was not relocated.

DzlToy

Explorer
Please use Lifeline, Braille or Odyssey in place of anything that Optima makes, especially on an "all out" build. They have not been good batteries in about 15 years, yet continue to trade on their marketing and brand recogition and people fall for it. Same goes for Fram oil filters and K&N air filters. Complete garbage and your customers deserve better, especially if they are going to be in the back country.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Please use Lifeline, Braille or Odyssey in place of anything that Optima makes, especially on an "all out" build. They have not been good batteries in about 15 years, yet continue to trade on their marketing and brand recogition and people fall for it. Same goes for Fram oil filters and K&N air filters. Complete garbage and your customers deserve better, especially if they are going to be in the back country.

We/clients have had great success with Interstate AGM's or Deka AGM's.

151fab

Observer
Deka batteries in all my equipment at work and everything else immediately as we cycle out OME. Made in USA and seem to be doing a good job of being green too. I have always had good luck with them. Have two 4dlt Dekas waiting for my van now.

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Unless it's a state secret do you mind posting the cost on that wrap? I checked into having the stripe on my Ambo done via a wrap instead of the plasti-dip and when I got the quote I dang near defecated a clay based rectangular building unit.

Up here in Canada, full wrap of ambulance box (less roof) and 1/2 front doors, and hood logo cost about $2700 including graphic design time.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor

Hear that a lot.......

whats that GIANT tray for? looks like it'd hold 10 batteries.

Rear skid will house the Deka 8A4D house battery up front, rear will be dead space since the van is getting our underfloor storage.

Its going to have a prius drivetrain swap

lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gotfuzz