UJOR Build Thread

BajaSportsmobile

Baja Ironman
And one-off! Built by Magnaflow. Rumor is that it sounds like an exotic car when you get on it but quiet at idle and cruising speed.

You can bet that Magnaflow has the whole system drawing saved up. It was really nice and sounded good (not my favorite engine sound) and appealing to many.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Some ink for V4, older pics. This was actually shot 2 years ago! The mags are on top of it...

12345610_1085593538126540_8623861307605059029_n.jpg

DzlToy

Explorer
I think the would, but a quality system like that is not cheap.

Quality is always cheaper in the long run. You can cry once and buy top notch products, not the most popular or the most expensive, and have something that will last a very long time or you can replace an inferior product over and again.

I believe U-joint is an excellent example of the former and some "other" systems that are being removed or replace are better examples of the latter. Whether it's a stainless exhaust system, a torque wrench or a camping tent, the rule still applies.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Tear DOWN! This van has been here for a bit as we collected parts and sent some out for mods. So.... V10 getting a 6" lift, fenders have been opened for 37's, dual front Kings with air bumps, air bumps in the rear, Atlas 4 speed t-case, OBA, Aluminess front/rear, ARB's, sPOD, Pro Rock 60 front. The rear axle was sent to Dynatrac for a full float conversion that is still RSC happy. Axles will be here next week, ready to make some cool new stuff for this rig that will be headed to TX.

12295307_1085765494776011_7346456263890082889_n.jpg

tienckb

Adventurer
DeJavier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2002 LX470 expo ready
2008 Ford E350 EB V10 4x4 Sportsmobile PH top
Custom off road trailer

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
KING's??????? :Wow1:

Guy told me over the weekend that my stuff was a rip off. He could get everything he needed to build his van at pick a part for $500.
Well, technically...he's underestimated a smidge. Once he scrounges for a few more pennies between the couch cushions and saves $503.63, only then do I think he'll have everything for his UJOR-level build. <major rolleyes>

tgreening

Expedition Leader
He must have some major pull-a-parts in his local. Around here you never see anything bigger than a 1/2 ton. Superdutys so go somewhere else. A front D60 will set you back $1k and likely still need a rebuild. He might be able to booty-fab some suspension for that money, but a complete conversion? I'll have some of what he's smokin.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
DeJavier?

Ha!

Have him send completed pictures and his $500 in receipts, you know, just to shove it in your face.

I would love to see that. I did;t want to get into it, just wished him the best of luck.

KING's??????? :Wow1:

Well, technically...he's underestimated a smidge. Once he scrounges for a few more pennies between the couch cushions and saves $503.63, only then do I think he'll have everything for his UJOR-level build. <major rolleyes>

Yea, I'll let him know. Keep saving.

He must have some major pull-a-parts in his local. Around here you never see anything bigger than a 1/2 ton. Superdutys so go somewhere else. A front D60 will set you back $1k and likely still need a rebuild. He might be able to booty-fab some suspension for that money, but a complete conversion? I'll have some of what he's smokin.

Who knows..... The last guy that said he could do it cheaper just cut the stock truck radius arm brackets and butt welded them to the frame. I've seen a LOT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gotfuzz