UJOR Build Thread

kccourtney

Observer
Up here in Canada, full wrap of ambulance box (less roof) and 1/2 front doors, and hood logo cost about $2700 including graphic design time.

How has your wrap lasted? Do you leave her outside? Was thinking of wrapping the Sportsmobile (after I swap out steering, shocks, springs, etc. in March through Chris). I wrapped my Triumph XCX (tank and beak) and already have a bunch of scratches just from getting on and off with jacket zippers. My wife is gonna wrap her JK over the next couple months so I'm eager to see how it holds up. I hear a lot of different time windows on its durability. I don't plow her through overgrown ATV trails as much as I used to so thinking it might be worth while. But she is outside all of the time and usually in the sun.

Please use Lifeline, Braille or Odyssey in place of anything that Optima makes, especially on an "all out" build. They have not been good batteries in about 15 years, yet continue to trade on their marketing and brand recogition and people fall for it. Same goes for Fram oil filters and K&N air filters. Complete garbage and your customers deserve better, especially if they are going to be in the back country.

Just dropped a Lifeline 4D into the Sporty yesterday. Not cheap but a kick *** battery and it runs everything for 4-5 days without starting the van and typically lasts us 5-6 years.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
AlphaVan is off to the body shop. Lots to do, will go check up on it next week.

12301625_1081890228496871_423792579718497073_n.jpg

Started Monday, just need the tranny back to finish her up! 6" on 35's.

12241328_1081983295154231_7011636245003554998_n.jpg

kccourtney

Observer
So-Cal Diesel Mech Recommendations & DeSalem-Krogerification

Sorry to hijack thread but can anyone recommend a diesel mechanic in Orange/LA County area that they really like. Have had it with dealerships that are able to do little more than discuss problem codes that have nothing to do with the problem or shops where everyone rolls their eyes as soon as you pull in 'cause they hate working on vans.

Chris, on a more related topic, can you (or anyone) post a list of the So Cal outfits you've had good luck with on your kit installs. It's a little early (bonuses get handed out in March ; ) but I want to start doing my homework so I can hit the ground running. I've got a 7.3 Salem Kroger so all of the drivetrain stuff is done, just need to pretty much replace everything else including springs, hangers, shackles Xover steering. Gonna go from a 4" to your 6" with doubles up front.

Also, on your website you give a 40 hour estimate for the whole enchilada. What's your time guesstimate on a DeSalem-Kroger-ification job?

Thanks

--Kevin

philos

Explorer
Sorry to hijack thread but can anyone recommend a diesel mechanic in Orange/LA County area that they really like. Have had it with dealerships that are able to do little more than discuss problem codes that have nothing to do with the problem or shops where everyone rolls their eyes as soon as you pull in 'cause they hate working on vans.

I've had great service (and so has my neighbor) with Justin at Azusa Automotive. 204 S Irwindale Ave, in the city of Azusa.
His work is tops. Had him do all eight injectors, plus under-valve cover harnesses, glow plugs, several sensors, some work on my fuel lines, and a door cable while he was in there.
I paid around $4,700 for the aforementioned work and consider it a great deal considering it has a one year warranty. And he did it all with a smile.

My neighbor's chevy was at a local shop for over FOUR months and they couldn't figure out their own shoddy work, so it went to Justin for a while and now my neighbor is in love with his truck again.

We live 25 miles from his shop and he has a tow company that offers good rates as well.

that's my shining review :)

edit - tell Justin that Shane sent you :)

Hijack over?

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
No hijack worries in this thread! Diesel Tech in San Jacinto has done 2 of our swaps, I don't know how they do with engine work but they've done good on our conversions.

The DeSalem job should be ~30 hours.

rdcolorado

Observer
V10 Muffler question...

Hey Chris, Hope you don't mind asking this here...I was wondering if you have any experience with aftermarket mufflers for the V10. Looking for something that sounds a little better but not that loud.

After looking at a bunch of forums, so far I have identified a couple that are promising: Aero 3030 and the Dynomax VT.

Thought I would get your expert opinion, any thoughts on these or in general?

thanks!!
rd

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Hey Chris, Hope you don't mind asking this here...I was wondering if you have any experience with aftermarket mufflers for the V10. Looking for something that sounds a little better but not that loud.

After looking at a bunch of forums, so far I have identified a couple that are promising: Aero 3030 and the Dynomax VT.

Thought I would get your expert opinion, any thoughts on these or in general?

thanks!!
rd

I haven't done many exhaust setups on the V10 so don't have a good recommendation. Sorry! They're hard to make sound good though. Had an aftermarket muffler on V5 (5.4) and it was too much of a drone so I went back to stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gotfuzz