UJOR Build Thread

calebmogul

Caleb, curious why you'd be stoked to have a 35.5ga vs the 38ga?
PS--I wasn't aware you can program the ScanGaugeII for fuel tank size, cool!

Unfortunately I'm not sure the tank is 35.5ga capacity, or should I say that you can actually use the last X gallons in it based on the placement of the pickup and the angle of the remaining fuel level---and this is especially true when headed uphill due to the pickup being more at the front of the tank(very ******tty OEM design, the pickup should be at the back as it's easier to coast an empty fuel rig DOWN hill than try to drive it UP hill), as like you and Nate, I too ran mine out of accessible fuel when trying to go up hill (fuel light was on yes, but per calculations of a 35.5ga tank I should have had at least a few gallons remaining).

On my future list is an aux tank for longer range. I can only seem to go 300ish miles on mine, and that's driving nicely.

I wasn't really thinking when I typed that, thought that mpg might go up when I change the scan gauge from 38-35.5 gal tank, but shouldn't make a difference.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Heading home to CA.

12360205_1091297790889448_9145368657655811366_n.jpg

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Man......

Looking at these makes me seriously contemplate unloading what I just built and starting over. A bit more streetable and...cozier. :)

tgreening

Expedition Leader
What's wrong with your ambo?
If you're serious about selling it, PM me!

Kiss my grits....I make one little off the cuff comment and now you're gonna turn around and torture me with it! :)

Nothing wrong with it. Just....big and heavy. It's been making me admire the relative compactness of the standard vans lately, and man...some of them sure are pretty. Not a word I'm too sure would ever be applied to my Ambo. :)

Looking to add to your fleet? ;)

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
So all of us know here, just how heavy? Mine weighed in at 9650lbs with 4 people and gear(I forget the fuel quantity at the time).

Not looking to trade quite yet, or add to what I have (although I will say that I've researched and learned more about Type3, Type3 MiniMod's, and Type1 ambos in the past year than any lay person should probably know, as I admire a UJOR'd ambo), but a very good friend here is considering adding one to his fleet. I'll PM ya.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
This crate is pretty bad ***! Pro Rock 60 front with ARB, 4.56's and RCV's. Rear semi float was sent there for a full float conversion and they added the 4.56s and ARB while it was apart. We sent the rear so it would be RSC ready.

12390961_1092207690798458_7265187565255843841_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven