UJOR Build Thread

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
That looks good too. Especially if you want to move a TON of air! We use the M (what you have on the outside?) mainly because it removes the least amount of hood structure.

Thanks Chris. The reason for my post was to show what someone could add in a center set in addition to the outside Medium's; http://hoodlouvers.com/product-category/size-medium-hood-louvershood-vents/

Center set are the Short/Wide's; http://hoodlouvers.com/shop/short-wide-powder-coated-gloss-white-hi/
And no hood structure cut out for these center vents, just upper hood "skin layer"(I love my body shop, such pros!);
IMG_5606.JPG
IMG_5608.JPG
IMG_5995.JPG
IMG_5996.JPG
IMG_5997.JPG

BTW, I didn't know these hoods are fiberglass. Ford really trying to save some weight eh?

There is one downside to all this heat extraction. Here in the rainy PNW when it monsoons(that's one of the many reasons you don't want to move here ;) ), water infiltrates the engine bay. Since I'd rather not have water blobs all over the SPOD, engine, etc, I carry this plastic sheeting(from my home flooring project--black tape is to remind me it's on the hood when I drive away) and 4 35lb neodymium magnets to hold it down. Works awesome and keeps the water out of the engine bay.
IMG_5998.JPG

PS--up next from UJOR for VANdiana are all new upper/lower shock mounts, Fox 2.0's all around, Fox steering stabilizer, black SSBC front 8piston calipers/rotors/pads. Really looking forward to this addition!

Last edited:

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Yea thats a super nice install on the louvers.
Thx much. Expect anything less for this van? ;) Do it right or don't do it.

PS---still amazed........I emailed an order to Chris 3.5hrs ago, just ~20min ago I get a phone call from him (830pm, on a Sunday!) confirming the order. This guy! BEST SERVICE IN THE INDUSTRY!!! Thanks man! :wings::beer:

patoz

Expedition Leader

PS---still amazed........I emailed an order to Chris 3.5hrs ago, just ~20min ago I get a phone call from him (830pm, on a Sunday!) confirming the order. This guy! BEST SERVICE IN THE INDUSTRY!!! Thanks man! :wings::beer:

Yep, that's great service but don't keep us in suspense...what did you buy?

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Yep, that's great service but don't keep us in suspense...what did you buy?

You haven't been following the thread Pat, just lurking? :squint: :********:

See post 4415;
"PS--up next from UJOR for VANdiana are all new upper/lower shock mounts, Fox 2.0's all around, Fox steering stabilizer, black SSBC front 8piston calipers/rotors/pads. Really looking forward to this addition!"

patoz

Expedition Leader
Jeremy,

I'm subscribed to 43 threads on this forum, and this is just one of several forums I'm on, plus a dozen Facebook Offroad, RV, and camping pages.

Caveman - 01.jpg

But, I guess I missed that post!
giggle.gif

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Love it when a DIY install comes to the shop! This super nice 97 was done by a customer in GA, he did a great job.

1517552_1106886452663915_2106650874626841151_n.jpg

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor

Well, you said call any time!

I know that we were both getting ready for a wild Monday so it would help to just knock it out then.

fudge

Love it when a DIY install comes to the shop! This super nice 97 was done by a customer in GA, he did a great job.

1517552_1106886452663915_2106650874626841151_n.jpg

Big thanks to you and the guys for getting me in and out so fast. Very happy with the ride! It was fun just getting a chance to poke around your shop and see all the awesomeness!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven