UJOR Build Thread

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
I'm in love with the V4. If you were to sell, what would you accept for it?

If you'd never part with her, how much would you charge me me to duplicate that setup if I provided you a cutaway v10?

Thanks, its about to go under the knife again in Nov, linked suspension front & rear. Pumped to get it done. No plans to sell but would love to build another. Shoot me an email so we can go over details, don't want to throw a general # out there until we make a few key decisions.

As cool as V4 is, I'm not sure I'd trade access to the engine compartment for a couple foot shorter flat deck 4x4. It'd be different if I had a shop with a hoist... I love the Ambo I have, but hate having to go under the hood.

If I had Chris's shop I'd not be concerned... I just find simple tasks become a time consuming pain under a van hood.

Its no concern getting engine access via the cab, same as any van. Pull the seat & doghouse, good to go!

001496_dr-cab.jpg

:D

Now THAT would be a project!

TwinStick

Explorer
Haven't begun. I've found a few candidates but need to pull the trigger and get one in here. Then I need to find time to get it done!

Saw the post about Ian, he recently commented on an IG pic I posted so now I know why he was curious! Interested to see what they come up with.

Saw that he is going to put the Nissan's new CTD in the engine bay. Nissan Corp gave him a prototype of the diesel pickup that had been used hard. No cab, just the frame engine & complete running gear & all electronics needed to make it run & be legal for emissions.

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Which seat? D/S or P/S?

Unfortunately my dog house is also attached to the Ambo by a 1" Umbilical cord. I've still got some glow plugs to install... Any tips on a 7.3?

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Saw that he is going to put the Nissan's new CTD in the engine bay. Nissan Corp gave him a prototype of the diesel pickup that had been used hard. No cab, just the frame engine & complete running gear & all electronics needed to make it run & be legal for emissions.

Nissan and Cummins already have a few NVs running around with that 5.0 Cummins, they used the NV to test the engine before the new Truck was available. When I asked them about the likelihood of that engine in the NV they said "like this one?" I was excited to see that they already exist! Just not in production yet. I was also excited to hear about Ian's project, did some digging and found out that the front axle is not ABS ready. Maybe he's doing something else, don't know yet. I was excited that he may have done my homework for me since he has some Nissan support on this build. I'll reach out to him soon, super nice guy and he already said he'd answer any questions I have.

Which seat? D/S or P/S?

Unfortunately my dog house is also attached to the Ambo by a 1" Umbilical cord. I've still got some glow plugs to install... Any tips on a 7.3?

PS usually. Yes, more difficult for those of you that have an ambulance with the switch console. 7.3 glow plugs with the engine in place, no fun!

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Agg... not what I wanted to hear. I'm glad that most of the old ones are working after replacing the cracked relay with a 'White-Rodgers (Stancor) 596-902 Glow Plug Relay'.

AKA monster relay.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
No, thats a SMB West 4x4 Conversion. But, we did a bunch of work on that rig. Body off, engine, shocks, cleaned and painted everything, re did the bumpers. Nice van.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
No, thats a SMB West 4x4 Conversion. But, we did a bunch of work on that rig. Body off, engine, shocks, cleaned and painted everything, re did the bumpers. Nice van.

I was wondering since it was in Asheville and had leaf springs up front. :) (I don't think I realized that SMB West did leaf spring conversions)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad