w0mps WJ Build Thread

W0mps

Adventurer
Today I had some spare time to do a little exploring. There is a road off Route 9 South in Old Bridge, NJ - Jake Brown Road. There was a small group of homes that were abandoned for a number of years or decades. They were occupied by the families of people who worked at the nearby Nike Missile site. When the missile base closed down, the families moved and the houses were boarded up. Since then, the houses have been knocked down and there is just some old ruins of foundations, playgrounds and of course garbage. The old missile base has been gated off, so I couldn't get back there to check it out. Here's some pictures that I snapped while I was there.

W0mps

Adventurer
So after installing the rack in the cargo area, I have come to the conclusion that for the amount of times I am able to get off road, it is doing nothing but taking up space. I think I cracked one of the cases open one time in about a year, to replace a blown fuse. So I cut down my on-board carry to the two ARB recovery bags. I am considering selling the back rack to someone who can make use out of it more than I can.

Back to basics -

Lecoq

Explorer
I'm running into the same issue. So much stuff to carry all the time and I hardly ever get to use it. It's time to do a clean up inside mine I think. Thanks for the inspiration!

W0mps

Adventurer
I'm running into the same issue. So much stuff to carry all the time and I hardly ever get to use it. It's time to do a clean up inside mine I think. Thanks for the inspiration!

It's always nice to have everything but when it comes down to valuable space it's time to clean up and consolidate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy