Weekender expeditioner from colorado LJ Rubicon

wardrow

Adventurer
Hello all. my wife and I have been avid tent campers for years. since I have been at my new job for the last two years I have met a guy at work that introduced met to this web site and expedition travel. I have been lurking around in the visitor section for a while now. Long story short my wife and I have had it with sleeping on the ground. Recently I decided to purchase my friend at works maggiolina extreme Roof top tent and ezee-awn. I must say that this is luxury Jeep camping at is'ts best. I have attached pictures from our maiden voyage. :victory:
View attachment 33447

Last edited:

deadbeat son

Explorer
Nice setup! One thing concerns me with the idea of a RTT...how do you get the dog into the tent? I'm sure my husky won't climb the ladder, and I don't think she'll let me carry her either. I don't think the wife would be satisfied with the idea of leaving her in the truck...

wardrow

Adventurer
Nice setup! One thing concerns me with the idea of a RTT...how do you get the dog into the tent? I'm sure my husky won't climb the ladder, and I don't think she'll let me carry her either. I don't think the wife would be satisfied with the idea of leaving her in the truck...

Our two dogs (the bulldog in the pictures and a beagle) sleep in the Jeep without problems. Couldn't imagine lugging 55 pounds of bulldog up the ladder. :)

jamm

Observer
Nice setup!

Can you tell me more about your rear bumper? It looks like it latches with a regular automotive door striker. I like the way the gas cans are attached which lets the spare get closer to the rear of the jeep.

97tjguzzy

Explorer
looks like the old jeeperman bumpers latch mechanism, but they have been out of business for a few years.

97tjguzzy

Explorer
actually just found them, its a rockhard4x4, they started making a similar design right about when jeeperman went under

066_66.jpg

http://www.rockhard4x4parts.com/rearbumper.html

86cj

Explorer
Welcome to the portal!!

I have wanted to see a Maggiolina Extreme on a LJ for a long time now. My measurements said it would be a perfect fit, but a pic says a thousand words...... Thanks for posting....................

Congrats on your choice of equipment, nicley done for sure....

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Welcome, That looks like a very capable off-road setup

Evidentally, the rack supports you guys, OK ???

Have you driven that jeep during the summer, without engine/xmission temp. troubles???

I've never seen the storage of a jerry can right in front of the radiator, it wouldn't work in California/Nevada, where the ambiant temp can get to 115/120 deg

Kewl outfit-

:costumed-smiley-007:safari-rig::safari-rig: JIMBO

Momrocks

Adventurer
Sweeeeet Rig!

Wow, great set up you've got there. My dog is so jealous of the luxury your's has. I think she want's to go back to the pound and roll the dice on another owner.

Since we're playing twenty questions with you, where did those slim, blue Rubbermaid (coolers?) come from. They look great for tucking into some of those almost usable spaces. My pack outs are tight, these look like they could give me some flexability...do tell more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal