What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

Singlespeed92

Observer
Finished up respraying the bumpers/trim today. A couple of weeks ago,I did the side/door trim and rear bumper (won't be wasting effort on the trim strip that holds the rear license plate,it's split in two-but held fast in place-I'll find a replacement), Masked off the front bumper/end caps and shot those,pulled the headlight bezels and the grille and shot those off of the Jeep. During/after pics,then a couple before pics. (this is,BTW,my "EXPO Jeep"....the build is going/going to be slow,LOL,fixed income here :p )

After

Before

Apologies for being pic heavy,wanted to show the vast (imo) difference,and what a little effort and few supplies can do :)

Singlespeed92

Observer
Beauty Jeep, and amazing what a difference that made. It looks brand new again (in pictures anyway!)

Thanks,my friend :) Yeah,LOL,"in pictures"...and standing 25-50' away from it. All that's red on it needs a strip down and respray,but she looks decent enough for me,especially since she's trail ridden. I might do a repaint one day,but I'm finished with cosmetics for now. Replaced the sound system recently (still need to install the front door speakers),and going through it mechanically (only a few very minor annoyances to fix now),and will start doing some mods for staying on trail for more than day trips. Will be hard to do 3+ day trips,with the way the Wife works and the kids being school age,but wanting to build in that direction (for summer trips with the kids,and hoping by the time our youngest graduates HS-he's 12 now-that the Wife can work from a laptop because by then we'll have th ehouse and last car payment paid off...) :)

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
I don't know you but I have always loved your Jeep and the pictures and updates about it....I was shocked to see it for sale. I wish you GLWS sir.

Back on topic....Have researched new tire options.....very dry stuff.

Thanks!! She's a great vehicle. If I were still stationed in AZ (or cali) we wouldn't even be having this conversation. lol. Thanks. Hopefully she finds a new home soon....

LukesPa

Observer
My JK got lifted last Friday

After much research I installed an AEV DualSport 2.5" lift on my JK Unlimited last Friday. Since I haven't put a lot of weight in the form of bumpers and winches, etc. I got probably 3"-3.5" out of it. As promised the handling is dramatically better. I'm very pleased with my decision to go with the AEV suspension, I think the progressive rate springs and custom tuned shocks set this apart from the other lifts I looked at. Next will be some lighting upgrades and diff. skid plates. I got a Warn skid plate for the front diff, yet to be installed. I'll save my pennies for the AEV diff slider for the rear.

LukesPa

Observer
Nice XJ, a great start for an Expo rig

Singlespeed 92, That looks great did you use plasti-dip or some other black paint for the black parts? I used plasti-dip for the mirrors on my YJ as a test and it held up and looked great for a year. I've sold it now, but it's amazing what fixing up some details will do for the overall look of a vehicle.

Years ago I flipped quite a few used cars, I routinely dyed filthy and cigarette burned carpet black. For about $5 and an hours os so spent making removing sill plates etc, the improvement was huge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3