What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Now that is really sad, my favorite pics of a Jeep ever...unless you are building another one...

Thanks!! You're too kind!

Noop.... I would be fun though. I'm the new owner of the ol Equipt 100 series so I'm going to work my magic on that for the time being.... If I still lived in AZ we wouldn't even be hqaving this conversation and I'd likely be posting more Jeep pics...

en480c4

Observer
Sold it....

Got the wife an '09 VW Touareg and I took her '04 Passat. Planning on selling the Passat and getting a clean TJ or LJ Rubicon next year. In the end we'll end up with a better family vehicle and a Jeep for less than the JKU.

BADDANDY

Adventurer
I installed an Atlas rear bumper for my JK which caused the rear to sag a tad on my 3.5" lift, but it was liveable. Then a few weeks ago I installed the tire carrier which caused the right rear to sag a lot, now not liveable! The measurements from tire top to bottom of each fender was; LF 7.6", RF 7.2, LR 6.5", RR 5.5" with hardtop and no rear seat. So I ordered and installed a right rear 4" lift spring for a JKU and now all is right in the world. Now the measurements are; LF 7.25", RF 7.25, LR 6.75", RR 6.5". With the hardtop off/halfdoors on for summer, I will not have sag issues loaded for trail duty and camping.
Moral is: if you have a soft spring lift and install the Atlas rear bumper and tire carrier, you may get a bad right rear sag issue.

Last edited:

Expedition Essentials

Approved Vendor : Expedition Essentials
Installed my last box and ARB fridge and slide.
ypumy5e5.jpg

Singlespeed92

Observer
Thanks,LukesPa!

I thought about it/planned to (use plastidip),but they were out of Plastidip in black when I first started on it (guessing I wasn't the only one doing a project that week :p ),I used Krylon Fusion Matte Black rattle cans. Designed specifically to "bond with plastics",but also works on metal,wood,etc. I have some plastic lawn chairs sprayed with it that still look decent after 7 years-though I dunno how it will hold up on the Jeep,but hopefully that's a good indication :)

I installed an Atlas rear bumper for my JK which caused the rear to sag a tad on my 3.5" lift, but it was liveable. Then a few weeks ago I installed the tire carrier which caused the right rear to sag a lot, now not liveable! The measurements from tire top to bottom of each fender was; LF 7.6", RF 7.2, LR 6.5", RR 5.5" with hardtop and no rear seat. So I ordered and installed a right rear 4" lift spring for a JKU and now all is right in the world. Now the measurements are; LF 7.25", RF 7.25, LR 6.75", RR 6.5". With the hardtop off/halfdoors on for summer, I will not have sag issues loaded for trail duty and camping.
Moral is: if you have a soft spring lift and install the Atlas rear bumper and tire carrier, you may get a bad right rear sag issue.

I also have the Atlas rear bumper and tire carrier. Made my Rock krawler springs sag too. Luckily I still had parts from a teraflex leveling kit still sitting around. Just put the rear 3/4" pucks in and it's back to normal.

Last edited:

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
New inner front axle seals installed yesterday. good for another little while. I think im going to get the alloy usa outter greaseable seals to keep crud out, and add inner tubes, new stronger front axles and dive in and do my true tracs too.

Expedition Essentials

Approved Vendor : Expedition Essentials
No. I've had mine for about a year, made out of aluminum, not Chinese steel. It was actually the prototype for the production version that another company sells now. Aluminum storage boxes made In the us. Hard to patent a box I guess :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal