What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

Yarjammer

Wellreadneck
Nice BP! Any chance you can post a close up of how you attached yours to the rack? I'm not entirely confident or happy with mine in that area. I was considering using some KC tube clamp mounts on V2.

BADDANDY

Adventurer
I also have the Atlas rear bumper and tire carrier. Made my Rock krawler springs sag too. Luckily I still had parts from a teraflex leveling kit still sitting around. Just put the rear 3/4" or 1" pucks in and it's back to normal.

I was up in the air on pucks vs springs. I'd rather have springs, especially since they were only $130 shipped vs $70+ for pucks. 1" pucks for the rear are rare to buy seperately.

I was up in the air on pucks vs springs. I'd rather have springs, especially since they were only $130 shipped vs $70+ for pucks. 1" pucks for the rear are rare to buy seperately.

Mine didn't sag that badly maybe a 1/2 -3/4". Next spring size up was an inch. That would have been too much for me and I would have had to put spacers on the front. A set of 3/4 " rear pucks is only $45 from here:http://www.eadoffroad.com/synergy-8...spring-spacers?filter_name=rear spring spacer not sure if 3/4" is enough for you though. It just worked in my situation. I would have preferred spring over spacer also, but free and exactly the height I want wins.

Beamer P, how well does that wifi antenna work? Have you done much testing of it yet? (and what is that hiding behind the jeep in the shed? looks like it should be a fairly capable stol 'rig')

SamM

Adventurer
Removed the black MOAB/Rubicon wheels and installed silver/dark charcoal Rubicon wheels on my 2013 Jeep MOAB. The new wheels and tires had 50 miles on them and still had the dimples on the tread. They added some much needed contrast to my monochromatic black Jeep. I originally liked the black wheels but they started getting to me. There was just too much black on it. The MOAB wheels were sold to a friend. Meaning that I have very little in the new wheels and tires. My Schutt Industries trailer will get matching wheels and tires as the regular Rubicon wheels are easy to find. They are much easier to keep clean, on the dirt road that I live on too.

I also added a MOPAR Overland emblem to the rear door of the Jeep.

Before
image.jpg

After
image.jpg

Last edited:

WOODY2

Adventurer
Rewired my second battery from being stand alone to linked with primary and added provision to move my National Luna power pac to the jeep. Also added Anderson connectors to all connections solar, battery and secondary power fuse block. All of this would've been a real mess without the Anderson solution.

Weekend road trip and installed an anti-condensation mat for the roof top tent.
Highly recommended if you're camping where it gets cool at night.

Toured a lake bed (a bit of easy rock crawling in the area too):
uFcG4Df.jpg

Installed an anti-condensation mat for the RTT:
nXXrJsQ.jpg

Sunny morning after camp:
MEQr83M.jpg

Ran out of trail on this run:
nPRhjof.jpg

wanabxtrm

Observer
Not today but over the past while.

Never one to post much, but thought I'd post one with all our cargo tops on ready for our move. As we rarely have one mounted let alone both.
image.jpg

image.jpg
...not quite sure why it posts sideways but oh well. The extra long Yakima bars work great to give that extra bit of room up top and in the center without hitting your head (unless your 6'6"). Plus they're level with the front Gobi bar for stacking wood and sheet goods, or as a forward mounting point for bike racks/etc as it currently is set up. We had the rack built without their normal crossbars knowing we'd put them on which I'd recommend if your thinking of going that route.

Also recently put on front and rear bumpers and and engo winch. FYI RE: engo's winch; I tore it apart upon delivery, as is noted elsewhere on the net it has ****ty gaskets, poor lube, and thin gauge wiring. After fixing all that hopefully it'll last. All of which was quick and easy and worth the piece of mind given the price point. I relocated the control box under the hood (also poor sealing) by getting a dual batt tray and using the empty side for mounting space for it and everything else. Additionally doing so keeps the supply cable short, contained, & out of reach when not in use vice running all the way to the solenoid on the bumper which isn't a good design in my opinion. (Obviously that's debatable)

PS- the bestop pet/cargo barrier (which is a rebadged travelall from the UK) is well designed but requires taking off the hardtop, and doesn't work great with a car seat top tether strap due to seat back proximity if anyone cares.
Cheers,

Beamer pilot

Explorer
Beamer P, how well does that wifi antenna work? Have you done much testing of it yet? (and what is that hiding behind the jeep in the shed? looks like it should be a fairly capable stol 'rig')

The antenna comes from Radio Labs. It amplifies the wifi, bottom line you pull in the signal from the parking lot instead of going into Starbucks ! I use the IPad most of the time these days so no benefit there.
In the hangar I keep my ultimate off road vehicle a Maule M4 210C. Quite a few lakes high in the Rockies with good landing beaches.

SiliconTi

Stuck in the Mud
The antenna comes from Radio Labs. It amplifies the wifi, bottom line you pull in the signal from the parking lot instead of going into Starbucks ! I use the IPad most of the time these days so no benefit there.
In the hangar I keep my ultimate off road vehicle a Maule M4 210C. Quite a few lakes high in the Rockies with good landing beaches.

NICE! Maules are so great!

I replaced my floppy tie rod ends. Did the pitman arm end too, since I was down there, though it was still OK.

Tablet mount (to seat bolt):

Installed Teraflex Accessory Mount:

Then the rotopax locking mount and black accessories box:

(It will hit your tail light guard if you have them!)

Firestick CB antenna mount:

With 4' firestick...

I think I need a highlift on the back with the rotopax mounted up higher though... and a gas can... and a water can... visa must love me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3