What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Back to the topic at hand, I ordered a pair of flush mount less for reverse lights and a 6" led flood light to mount on top of my 3rd brake for camping lighting.

Septu

Explorer
Well my front shocks and relocation brackets are in. However the shop couldn't get the bushings out of the rears into the new rears... so need to find some bushings that will work. Pretty sure I have the fronts set too softly, as the ride seems like it's moving around a lot more than previously.

luk4mud

Explorer
I really don't know where you are getting bad resale ....jk is one of the vehicles that holds its value. I can still get over 20k for my jku with 164000k and being a 2011. And you still can't fit in the xj what you can in a jk. Plus, I only paid 34k for mine new.....not 50k.

They really do hold their value quite well. That's the most positive statement I can make for my now departed 2012 JKUR. The OTD price on a reasonably well equipped new JKUR is 45k though, with tax. Even if you get a "deal" that still puts you in the low 40's OTD. Start modding it and you will quickly sink another 10/ to 15k into it. So, 55k to even 60k for a capable rig is NOT unusual. Actually quite realistic. For something that I plan to go beat the *(&^*( out of. Go figure.

That's why I was able to sell a very buggy but built and pretty 2012 JKUR for almost 30k, to a dealer.

rubicon91

Explorer
They really do hold their value quite well. That's the most positive statement I can make for my now departed 2012 JKUR. The OTD price on a reasonably well equipped new JKUR is 45k though, with tax. Even if you get a "deal" that still puts you in the low 40's OTD. Start modding it and you will quickly sink another 10/ to 15k into it. So, 55k to even 60k for a capable rig is NOT unusual. Actually quite realistic. For something that I plan to go beat the *(&^*( out of. Go figure.

That's why I was able to sell a very buggy but built and pretty 2012 JKUR for almost 30k, to a dealer.

I think it is all relative to where you live. The pricing you are quoting here is no where close to realistic here in FL. 45k OTD is the top of line Rubicon basically with all options included. I paid $26.5 for my 12 Sport unlimited in 2012 and have about 10k into it approx and it is more than capable rig. Only thing I would like to change is the D30 upfront to a D44. Hell I almost traded my 12 in on a 15 Rubicon about 2 months ago and the Rubicon was 37k OTD with auto dual top 410 gears etc.

Anyways once the UPS guy decides to actually deliver my package today I have something to add to my Jeep. Nothing big but if I can hit 88 it could be a game changer lol. That is the only hint until I can post a pic of it.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I think it is all relative to where you live. The pricing you are quoting here is no where close to realistic here in FL. ...
Ditto on GA.
I signed an agreement with Chrysler stating I can't say what I paid but the sticker was only $31,500 on an Unlimited Sport with S package, LSD, manual, hardtop, & Max Tow.

luk4mud

Explorer
Ditto on GA.
I signed an agreement with Chrysler stating I can't say what I paid but the sticker was only $31,500 on an Unlimited Sport with S package, LSD, manual, hardtop, & Max Tow.

Factory invoice on a 2015 JKUR with the most popular options (per Truecar) is 39k, with TTL, if you can buy right at dealer cost, you are looking at $41 to 42k in most places. Reasonably modded, you are looking at low to mid 50's.

Can you buy a cheaper model and make it work? Sure, you bet. But the basic mods (lift, tires, armor) still cost the same essentially. And if you cant run your local trails with a D30/ no locker up front and an LSD in the rear, you either buy a Sport and build it or buy a Rubicon and pay up front. Not having beefy axles and at least a rear locker would severely limit where I can go here.

Metal Man

Fabricator
I didn't say they have a bad resale, but you never get out of them what you put into them by far. I'm in coastal NC, Jeeps are made of gold here LOL. Even rusty XJs run $1500-$2000 here, and a new JK base model that the dealer put a 3 inch lift and some 35s and rims on will run you $45k(not a Rubi or unlimited). That's with low end lift and rims, these jokers won't even go AEV on them. At least if you did it with top quality parts I could give some understanding to it LOL. I go way out to buy a Jeep because what sells for $4k here is $2500 mid-state.

rubicon91

Explorer
f0e3207b8d646c38ea1f6164b6199884.jpg

The geek in me is smiling ear to ear. 1985 here I come lol. My new flux capacitor just came in.
cf3de71cb7759e08e6bab210bf4307c7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucky j

Explorer
Ah that's right!

Found the cause of my increasingly problematic death wobble that began very small a few weeks ago, bad and dry ball joints. So til monday, put some glucosamin in the joints ( grease ), hopping it reduce the problem just a bit so I can reach my week off monday morning and parts get here. And so far it's better! :)

rubicon91

Explorer

OK, Spill the details, where did it come from. The only other thing you need is a mr fusion!

Hajaha I got it online at a place called thinkgeek. Paid too much but I couldn't resist lol. I needed a new phone charger and well there you go now I have a flux capacitor. Oh and my jeep can do 88mph as well so see you guys in 10 years lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GetOutThere

Adventurer
The Jeep needs the torque from idle to 3k RPM and the V6 just comes up short. I'm not saying the V6 is a bad motor at all, it is a real power house of a mini van and does OK in the trucks for it's size.

The Pentastar makes like 90% of its torque below 2k RPM. You're quoting internet myth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater