What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

HKguy

Teraflex Teralow conversion for my TJ. Actually went together rather easy, didn't notice any gear whine while testing it out. Should make the slow stuff a ton easier to manage.

91AzXJ

Adventurer
Just did the rear brakes on my 2000 XJ. I've had a leaking wheel cylinder and one broken stud for awhile so thought it was time to tackle it. It has cooled down to 104* so what the heck. I'd love to say it made a world of difference as far as stopping power goes but was really not that noticeable. I have been driving my 06 KJ with 4 wheel discs for the past 5 months while my daughter drove the XJ and there is a world of difference between the two stopping wise.

Mitch502

Explorer
Just did the rear brakes on my 2000 XJ. I've had a leaking wheel cylinder and one broken stud for awhile so thought it was time to tackle it. It has cooled down to 104* so what the heck. I'd love to say it made a world of difference as far as stopping power goes but was really not that noticeable. I have been driving my 06 KJ with 4 wheel discs for the past 5 months while my daughter drove the XJ and there is a world of difference between the two stopping wise.

Disc conversions aren't hard, and if you can do junkyard parts I think you can do it fit under $100!

F40

Adventurer
Used it a bunch:smiley_drive:
D9DC2283-6850-4758-9909-F21B8041717C_zpsrt539dvu.jpg

hamr26

Observer
Got a few things buttoned up this weekend. Finally installed winch (need to spool rope), tinted foglights with Metal Cast yellow, replaced OPDA and serp belt.
METAL CAST.jpg

comptiger5000

Adventurer
Having the parents get it in for the t-case swap today, so I can drive down and retrieve it this weekend. I'm debating getting the old case back after the swap, as it would be kinda interesting to see just how trashed it is inside (but I don't really have a good place to take it apart).

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Having the parents get it in for the t-case swap today, so I can drive down and retrieve it this weekend. I'm debating getting the old case back after the swap, as it would be kinda interesting to see just how trashed it is inside (but I don't really have a good place to take it apart).

Used gear oil has such an awesome aroma, you could just disassemble in the kitchen... ;)

MTSN

Explorer
Used gear oil has such an awesome aroma, you could just disassemble in the kitchen... ;)

Spilled a gallon of used gear oil in the back of my XJ when I was going to recycle it. Worst part was I didn't realize it as it happened in the last turn into my work, and I let it sit outside and soak in 100 degree for 8 hours until I was done. I nearly vomited when I got in and ended up replacing the carpet to get rid of the smell!

Mitch502

Explorer
Spilled a gallon of used gear oil in the back of my XJ when I was going to recycle it. Worst part was I didn't realize it as it happened in the last turn into my work, and I let it sit outside and soak in 100 degree for 8 hours until I was done. I nearly vomited when I got in and ended up replacing the carpet to get rid of the smell!

That's terrible. It's bad enough changing a differential or something, let alone it sitting out in the heat locked up for a day.

comptiger5000

Adventurer

Fortunately, the 242 that's coming out of it has ATF in there, so I won't die from the stench. Sadly, I'm not sure I'll find much in there other than lots of shredded metal. Almost definitely nothing to answer why it blew up while coasting at 30 mph and not under heavier throttle.

MuckSavage

Adventurer
Replaced my wiper blades (wooohoooo) w/cheapie walmart supertech brand blades. I've had Trico, Rain X & Bosch and have been disappointed with the life of all of them. $20 blades seem to last no longer than $5 ones, so cheap it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal