What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

XJSuperman

OhIOWAn
Ive been debating the limb raisers for my XJ. Do they bother you at all while driving and do they make any noise or "vibrate" while driving?

cdn_xj

Observer
Ive been debating the limb raisers for my XJ. Do they bother you at all while driving and do they make any noise or "vibrate" while driving?

There's no extraneous noise as a result of having them on. Then again, I have a full ARB rack and lights on the front of it so even if there were a little bit of noise I probably would not hear it.

Also, an XJ is not exactly a shining beacon of soundproofing. lol

Septu

Explorer
There shouldn't be any noise. I never noticed any noise from mine - even when all I had was the raisers. Now with the lightbar odds are I wouldn't notice either way.

XJSuperman

OhIOWAn
Thanks fellas. Im not new to my XJ and I am very well aware of the sound problems lol. I have enough things rattling already on my roof so I wondered if the limb raisers added to it at all. I don't know if I could take another whistling noise added to the clunks, clanks, creeaaks, and squeaks. hahaha

Serg5000

Adventurer
I'm slacking compared to all of you guys. All I have done is purchase new tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Septu

Explorer
Added my MorRyde tailgate support and spare tire carrier and the Titan Tank.

13221467_10153495432902595_2927333942437750899_n.jpg

13240080_10153495438157595_4471338086043329171_n.jpg

13230284_10153495437267595_3517233533889837271_n.jpg

Review mirror is basically useless - which sucks as I'm running my soft doors right now and using the mirrors on the heat vents to be legal. Lots and lots of shoulder checks before lane changes. Fortunately l live in a small place where I do not need to change lanes very often (there's also only a couple roads with multiple lanes).

Now I just need to find a way to carry the syphon hose in/around the carrier. Am thinking some sort of mesh bag with a large clean ziplock bag inside of it to keep things clean. But there's definitely some options there to figure something out so that I don't have to carry it in the jeep after using it.

Last edited:

cdn_xj

Observer
Tires will get you further than limb raisers any day of the week.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

My tires are still in good shape, which is why I went with limb risers. Besides, given that BC is a rainforest, there are more than a few low-hanging branches and the risers actually do serve a purpose out here. :)

20160201_131105.jpg

Last edited:

Septu

Explorer
Well, finally got everything setup how I'd planned. MorRyde hinges, tailgate re-inforcement and their tire carrier. Then mounted the Titan Tank, filled it, then loaded up my heavy 35" spare.

13241384_10153496104987595_4270665816470763399_n.jpg

Thoughts after driving around for a bit. Seems alright. More movement when I rock the tire, however I'm sure with a couple adjustments, I could sort that out. At least there's no noise while driving. A minor issue is that the piece Titan Tank gives you to fit the spare tire on doesn't extend enough to fit a 35x12.5 tire on a stock JK wheel without a spacer of sorts. Fortunately I had one from when I used the stock carrier. Annoying, but not the end of the world.

A much bigger concern is the fact that the hinges cannot support the weight. The tailgate drops by almost an inch when I unlatch it, and unless I lift it up when closing it, it rubs on part of my bumper. Have to say... this A) really bothers me considering what this setup cost (tire carrier and reinforcement setup was ~$700 CND with shipping + 200 something for the hinges - I forget what I paid for those). And B) is not what I was expecting after reading up on this. It'll do for now, and seeing how I'll rarely be using the tank, it's probably not the end of the world. And when I do use the tank, odds are I will not be in and out of the rear area. But that doesn't change the fact that this really bothers me. Eventually it looks like I'll have to go with either a dedicated bumper setup with a tire carrier or the AEV arm - which sucks, as I like the option of not being tied to a specific setup.

comptiger5000

Adventurer
Replaced the old aux reverse lights (which sat under the bumper and occasionally got hit against things) with a higher-clearance and better weather-sealed solution.

VCtqWLS.jpg

comptiger5000

Adventurer
I like them ^^

Thanks! I did void the heck out of the warranty on the lights during the install though. There's only just over a 1/2" between the rear bumper cover and the support beam on the ZJ when you cut a section of the foam out of the way. The lights need a little over an inch. Being that they'll never be on for more than a few seconds at a shot, I cut the cooling fins off the back of the lights to make them fit (instead of cutting holes in the bumper support beam).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WRL