What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

Bigjerm

SE Expedition Society
BigJerm: How much lift do you have?

I have seen uppers break from too much flexing, and have seen aftermarket short arms rip off the axle bracket, because they are so stiff.

The only 'give' on a stock control arm, is the middle of the arm, after a while, they break.

I only have 2" lift on the LJ. I do have a decent amount of travel and what you describe seems correct. They just look like they are binding up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brianwj

Observer
Finally got around to mounting my axe and shovel in the back of the WJ with the Quickfists that I've had for 6 months. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347474486.318164.jpg

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
I'm negotiating a trade with someone, my XJ for a Rock River Arms AR15 with a couple accessories. My wife would rather have cash but the guy is kind of broke and unemployed (how he is going to pay to fix the jeep I do not know) but to me an AR15 is a good deal too. We've got a lot of coyotes 'round here. I'm making sure he signs a bill of sale and everything just in case the serial number on this rifle ever comes up in a criminal investigation, that way the paper trail leads back to him instead of me.

Jkfisher84

Adventurer
Not new to jeepin, but figured I'd share my recent addition! Limb risers from offroad elements, noticed from a few posts back couldn't resist - great quality mfg in the US!
100_5432.jpg

LR12-0814-04.jpg

100_5448.jpg

Neyyyce! Glad to see someone else with them:wings:

03rubicon

Adventurer
Hey Just a heads up if you go through with it, you should be able to get your local PD/sheriffs office to run a check on the serial number for nothing. It only takes two seconds, hell Ill run it for you if you want. PM me the details. Won't do anything for you if it hasnt been entered into the system at all/yet but it'll make sure its about 99% good to go.

I'm negotiating a trade with someone, my XJ for a Rock River Arms AR15 with a couple accessories. My wife would rather have cash but the guy is kind of broke and unemployed (how he is going to pay to fix the jeep I do not know) but to me an AR15 is a good deal too. We've got a lot of coyotes 'round here. I'm making sure he signs a bill of sale and everything just in case the serial number on this rifle ever comes up in a criminal investigation, that way the paper trail leads back to him instead of me.

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
Hey Just a heads up if you go through with it, you should be able to get your local PD/sheriffs office to run a check on the serial number for nothing. It only takes two seconds, hell Ill run it for you if you want. PM me the details. Won't do anything for you if it hasnt been entered into the system at all/yet but it'll make sure its about 99% good to go.

Good advice! Doesn't take long, and makes sure you're not holding the bag.

If something was wrong, they would take the AR, possibly charge you with possession of a stolen firearm, and you're out the XJ.

I've had the local Sheriff run numbers for me a few times on transactions, doesn't take long at all.

bobDog

Expedition Leader
That's excellent advice. I have never bought a weapon from a stranger that I didn't check out .... they're happy to do it & like he said takes little time......might as well run it by the Catholic church on the way home & have it blessed ..:D:D:D

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
I'll definitely have them run the numbers for me, I might even call them ahead of time to see what else they can offer me. Right now it looks like the deal is going to work. The guy only wanted to buy the jeep from me if he could get it running well enough to drive home, but I told him that might be kind of tough to do because of the amount of work its going to take. So he said he would buy it no matter what, then get it running in my driveway and drive it home. I told him no deal, I don't want him to put a bunch of money into fixing it then change his mind and I'm stuck reimbursing him for his expenses. He said he wouldn't hold me responsible for any money he drops on it, but I still said no deal. I offered to borrow a car trailer from someone and deliver it to him and he resisted at first, but finally this evening accepted that and even offered an extra $100 on top of the rifle to cover my gas.

I'm feeling skeptical. He says he wants it as a fixerupper project. State of Montana has a bill of sale for automobiles available for download, and we'll have a notary witness when we sign over the title, but I'm thinking that I should also have some other contract for him to sign that says he is buying the vehicle as is with no implied warranties or guarantees just to cover my own tail. It really is a fixerupper and on the craigslist post I was pretty clear that it had a lot of problems, hence my low asking price.

Any other advice for me?

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
. Any other advice for me?

Not sure how the title system is there, but here in MN, there is a small corner of the title that the buyer fills out, and the seller retains.

Then the seller (you) can either mail it into the DMV, or do it online.

It lets the DMV know that you sold it, to whom, date, etc.

That way, if they don't register it, get a ticket, or do a hit and run, you are not liable.

Sure can't hurt to have an "As Is/No Warranty" statement included.

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
I emailed the guy back this morning and told him we've got a deal as long as he sends me a clear photo of the serial number on the rifle and a copy of his drivers license. I told him I just want to check to make sure everything is legit before we make the exchange, that way I don't get burned afterwards. If doing that scares him off, then oh well, I've got a second person interested in the jeep so I'll start working with him next.

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
The guy says he'll scan his drivers license and whatnot so I can check out the rifle before hand, so it looks like we're good to go. Now I just need to ask a favor from my uncle and get a car trailer for a day or two and my driveway will have a little bit more room in it.

m(a)ce

Adventurer
a good week! First off switched from an OME setup to AEV 2.5. On road it's noticeably better.

Next decided to finally install the Gobi sunroof panel for some additional storage for the VT rally. Install is a piece of cake.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347668033.197088.jpg

also installed the Gobi axe/shovel bracket (yes, an axe - seriously!)

equally as easy and really sturdy once locked.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347668423.517803.jpg

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Pulled out the idle air control and cleaned it...was NASTY. I then used some Sea Foam spray to clean it out as well as a scotchbright pad on the tip. I also cleaned the TB and butterfly and area with the spray. I hosed out the IAC hole and hosed it all out well while running. Let it sit for 10 min or so and fired it up again...started MUCH easier and idles smoother now too.

Was running a little off and idling a bit rough, plus starting has been ugly for about a week. Not sure what has changed? We will see if cold starts are better now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3