What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

Modeler

W1DCS
Broke the ears off the front passenger side outer on a rock pile at the Great American Jeep Rally in Ellington, CT this morning.

Bigjerm

SE Expedition Society
Broke the ears off the front passenger side outer on a rock pile at the Great American Jeep Rally in Ellington, CT this morning.

Stock shafts or chromos? I have had good luck with Ten Factory shafts in my locked D30 and 35's.

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
Well it looks like my XJ is still for sale at the moment. The guy sent me a photo of the serial number and I put that into an online stolen gun database and it came back clear, but I had planned on calling the sheriff department and having them do it. Then this morning I get another email from the guy saying "I'm only 14 years old so I don't have a drivers license yet, but here is a picture of my dad's license instead." I guess I could tell the kid to start letting me talk directly to the dad, but this has been going on way too long so I think I'm going to cut off communication with him and sell it to someone else.

Bigjerm

SE Expedition Society
Stock Rubicon Dana 44. First one I've ever broken. Looking at going to RCVs if I can get them past the Budget Head. LOL

I understand that! Front shafts are not cheap. Last time I was out a guy broke driver side ears on his 44 with 35's in a rock garden as well. No real wheel speed but they were turned all the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Revelstoker

Took it out for one last camp this season west of Trout Lake BC on Silver Cup Ridge. Pretty rare in BC to be able to drive into the alpine. Highest (7200' asl) and coldest (0C.) camping this year, but definitely the best views!

SilverCup 012.jpg

SilverCup 060.jpg

SilverCup 070.jpg

SilverCup 097.jpg

SilverCup 112.jpg

SilverCup 079.jpg

Last edited:

Adventure IQ

Explorer
Well it looks like my XJ is still for sale at the moment. The guy sent me a photo of the serial number and I put that into an online stolen gun database and it came back clear, but I had planned on calling the sheriff department and having them do it. Then this morning I get another email from the guy saying "I'm only 14 years old so I don't have a drivers license yet, but here is a picture of my dad's license instead." I guess I could tell the kid to start letting me talk directly to the dad, but this has been going on way too long so I think I'm going to cut off communication with him and sell it to someone else.

This just sounds so odd....probably time to move on to the other buyer....where is the add posted?

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
I sold my jeep. Turns out the guy that wanted to trade me an AR15 for it was a 14 year old kid, so I said no deal to that. Then today another 14 year old kid at the school I work in said he saw my jeep on craigslist (he recognized the pictures and the town was right) and asked if him and his dad could come over tonight to check it out. I had been asking $800 for it but I figured since it is for a kid at my school and they are locals who are going to fix it up instead of out of towners who are going to scrap it I would knock the price down to $600 for them. Sold! He's going to bring me cash and a trailer to haul it away in a couple days. Thats gonna be a niiice credit card payment.

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
This just sounds so odd....probably time to move on to the other buyer....where is the add posted?

I had it on Missoula craigslist for a couple weeks, I just deleted the post a little bit ago though. The AR15 kid was in Arlee (25 miles or so north of Missoula, about 100 miles south east of me). He did send me a pic of his dads drivers license supposedly with permission of the dad and it turns out the guy is an old UofM football star from back in the day and now he is a pretty well known artist in the area. I've never heard of him until this but from what I could tell he seems like an alright guy. Doesn't matter though because I moved on to other options.

TreeTopFlyer

Adventurer
Welded in a flowmaster hushpower. Didn't feel like paying the $180 they wanted at a shop to do it. Really easy. Just had to go easy on the beads and watch the heat. The turn over the axle may make contact at full flex, will address that when it happens. The sound is a little louder. But nothing obnoxious. Throaty when your really spinning it. Now with the rear muffler out of the way I can get on with the rear winch and water pump projects.

HP01.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3