What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
Progress....

Worked on the scrambler some more this weekend. Now on the second try at making a cross member that will suffice. I have a bad habit of over building stuff and I suppose this is just another example of that. :eek: The first try at this was a bust so it all got ripped out and canned. I am liking my new design a lot more and am hopeful this will not take so long so I can get the beast back on the road again. Still a lot to do...

Attachments

• IMG_0528.JPG
    IMG_0528.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0530.JPG
    IMG_0530.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0532.JPG
    IMG_0532.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 4

97tjguzzy

Explorer
Replaced my water pump. 97' TJ 4.0 with 104k.
eranu9em.jpg

I replaced mine at around 100k and then I had to do it again last fall when it gave out on a trip in NC at 182k. They seem to last around 80-100k. I put in a crap Advance Auto parts one, but at least it had a lifetime warranty and they replaced it for free.

hansonian

Observer
I installed a Novak Adapters cable shifter assembly on my LJ. The stock mess of linkages would always pop out when I needed them. The Novak setup seems pretty solid and seems to shift smoother than the stock setup (I supposed that's inherent of the cable versus linkage).

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Very interested to hear how you like those EBC green pads once they are broken in. I was looking at getting a set, my pads work great, but make a lot of noise! Drives me nutty.

Bretthn

Explorer
Thanks!

Now that s beautiful! !!!!!
They do look good, too bad you can't see much of them behind my wheels.

Oh so fresh and so clean, those brakes.
Thanks!

Very interested to hear how you like those EBC green pads once they are broken in. I was looking at getting a set, my pads work great, but make a lot of noise! Drives me nutty.
I will keep you posted in my build thread as I put some miles on them. I have used them on several cars in the past and have always been impressed, but this is my first time using them on an SUV and the first time using the 7000 compound.

TreeTopFlyer

Adventurer
Had to clock a couple pieces on my exhaust, it was hitting the axle under compression. I should have done it when I first did this a while back. Was lazy and it only took about 30mins. Got it all worked out. IMG_1234.jpg
IMG_1235.jpg

After some muffler work, I helped my dad take down some trees that were precariously perched over the shop and probably take out the roof with a good wind storm.

IMG_1236.jpg
IMG_1237.jpg

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
Good and bad day...

Got to the about 97% finished on my CJs cross member from hell today. Cartoon drawings are what I added today as well, just didn't get pics.
Then came home to do some researching on my XJ only to find out the $1000 + worth of lift parts I have laying in my room are useless until I can find some control arms. Not what I was told when I ordered all this crap... Just DAMN! And being in Germany sucks!

Attachments

• IMG_0549.JPG
    IMG_0549.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0550 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_0550 - Copy.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0550.JPG
    IMG_0550.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 7

TreeTopFlyer

Adventurer
Got the winch cutoff switch mounted. Also ran a 2/0 cable back to the back for the rear winch. The mount for the cutoff switch isn't lines up correctly with the lines of the fender, need to adjust it.

Cutoff.jpg

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
Got the TJ back on the road!! (rolled it over last July= new windshield/frame and some body work)

2012-11-20_19-07-56_940.jpg

Today I got the rear flare remounted, and buttoned up all the little things.

While it was 'down' for the windshield repair, I swapped in a HP 30 in the front, new ball joints, new rotors/pads, and replaced all the LCA bushings, as well as the lower trac bar bushing (front axle)

2012-11-19_18-06-53_26.jpg

(yeah, I know, the dust shield is missing on the driver side:snorkel: Had to pull the unit bearing and stick it in there!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3