What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

wagex

Adventurer
its not really an "expo" jeep but i take it camping and fishing. "finished" my trailer build last week and took it for 3 days out by the lake it was pretty fun. 16 gallon tank has its own little battery system that trickle charges from the jeep, nothing too special but it gets the job done.

20150502_154352 (Medium).jpg20150502_100713 (Medium).jpg11193290_10155457260445537_953162330207475542_n.jpg

Bob Freda

Adventurer
I removed the rear seats and made a new box for my battery (my old setup had the fridge tight to the tailgate) The future plan is to separate the tank from the Puma compressor (anyone done this ?) and locate into the battery box and build new storage unit on the passenger side.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have to guess that the rear seats had to weigh close to 200 # so this project saved me some weight.
" Less is More"

Expedition Essentials

Approved Vendor : Expedition Essentials
Next project on the jeep. Dual aircraft batteries.
43c2298db8f3c423604c5ee0f8933cca.jpg

Sent using a squirrel raised from birth by a flock of well trained carrier pigeons.

rubicon91

Explorer
Well after the ups man played with my emotions by delivering my arb wiring loom at about the latest he could today I was able to get my arb fridge put in the jeep tonight. Very happy. Awful pic in the dark but next stop a slide. Just need to decided on which one.
bfb7a4722d15666b067424e9dd0a4a4a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cedo Nulli

Observer
Onetraveller, If you need to run your third brake light, the Teraflex brake light extension works very well with the ORF carrier.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
While not ExPo related per-say, it is in preparation for a 12v fridge and possibly a storage box, so it counts right?

Went from this (took up 50% of my space)

To this. I still need to make a small cover for the amp and cap to protect them, easy however.

I also had to move my custom power/ground/relay box from inside the cubby to up here. Worked out rather well, no vibration and easier to get to when I need to change a fuse...or if I have to change a fuse.

I also installed a 9 LED light in the rear hatch area, SOOOO much better back there. I need to re-wire it however so that I can turn it on at any time. I just tapped into the stock rear light harness, but to the switched power lead...FML. Both upper pics were lit with the LED and no flash at night. Nice.

More to come.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Just ordered a husky modular brake controller. My brake controller is tucked behind my dash, with zip ties. I am, going to remove it from there and install it into my avalanche and then install the modular into my Jeep. Its awesome the display, controller and brain are mounted in different locations. Im going to mount the brain behind the glove box, the controller on the dash, and the display above my CB radio on above the mirror. It will be nice to be able to adjust the controller instead of set it and forget it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk