What did you do to your Mitsubishi today?

KyleT

Explorer
Side Signals for the 2006 from Amazon of all places.

7725efe90156c26d4fe4cdd020c284ec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brad2274

Adventurer
Replaced interior bulbs with LEDs for only $4 ! (map lights, passenger, and cargo) decent quality but ill probably add extras in the future, be careful if you take apart the cargo light as its spring and ball will shoot out.

Taking it to north Carolina in a few weeks for some camping, ive got decent A/T tires, not planning to do a bunch of trails but should i be concerned about not having snow tires or chains? (florida boy who's only driven pavement, beach, and dirt)

brad2274

Adventurer
Finally finished with my spark plug, valve cover gasket, plug wires, and cleaning valve lash adjusters job. spent a few days doing it all, all of it was definitely needed. valve seals shouldve been done but i wasnt feeling it and the smoke at idle is minute and doesnt bother me enough. The valve noise was very loud but all but one adjuster were filled properly and only dirty, but one was squishy and missing metal on one side. Turns out someone put it in upside down, so it was just impacting the valve and emptying its oil. i refilled it and it seemed to fit back in fine, i didnt have the time to wait for a replacement, also valve looked undamaged.

Painted the intake some and cleaned the bay just because

Smashed lash adj on the right

Also added fire extinguisher with mount, ceiling bungee net, some corner storage bungees, first aid(will mount it), and sold my two 12" ported sub box (had it in the last car) then bought the single sealed 10" shallow mount pioneer, amp is under the middle seat.

Im able to move it around connected and keep my 3rd row up or down.

Atrais

Adventurer
Scored a 7'x5' Con-Ferr rack off of craiglist. It's a little wide for the Monty so I'm cutting it down to fit. Still trying to figure out if I want to do gutter mounts or attach it using the OEM roof rack bolt locations...

20160114_185409_zpspd7ogzej.jpg

brad2274

Adventurer
Scored a 7'x5' Con-Ferr rack off of craiglist. It's a little wide for the Monty so I'm cutting it down to fit. Still trying to figure out if I want to do gutter mounts or attach it using the OEM roof rack bolt locations...

Go with gutter rails, much much stronger, looks better too imo, allows for upgrades later on. plus the factory spot is only rated to 100lbs and the rack you add is at least 40lbs. itd be easy to overload.

Finally got theses mounted up yesterday heheh

Red_Diamonds

Observer
The previous owner did the front bumper in black plastidip. He also did the wheels. He also did the lower half of the doors but in Grey. It looked horrible. I tried to remove it but it was thinly coated and nothing I did could remove it without me sitting there for months thing a millimeter at a time. So I found the platinum dissolver and got it out! Had to use the Damn whole bottle! Next, my wheels.

Before
24ce53ee9b2531a8afe04896b9d8cd50.jpg

After
bb1b6301f07450d439cfad43c415df8a.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Stevemc181

Observer
I fitted a set of Dobinsons Monotube remote reservoir shocks to the Rear of my Gen 4 (NW) today. The Bilsteins have seen there day and covered some hard miles, so time for a change. Unfortunately I discovered both rear hubs and bearings were shot, so it's now at the dealers awaiting a warranty repair job and will be ready tomorrow. I'll give these shocks a good workout once I get the vehicle back. The hardest part of the job was working out where to mount the remote reservoirs and keep them out of harms way. The drivers side was easy, but on the passenger side i wanted to keep the reservoir lines away from the exhaust so mounted it above the shock tower. I'll keep an eye on it here and if necessary move it.

This is my previous Bilsten 4600 Compared to the Dobinson MRR:

image_zpsc1fjmejj.jpeg

Passenger side: (Left side in Oz)

image_zps6peobtyw.jpeg

image_zpsfnl35kuw.jpeg

Driver Side:(Right Side in Oz)

image_zpsc49tlxqc.jpeg

image_zpsjcqknxjj.jpeg

BOPOH

Explorer
last couple of days been dealing with some rusty stuff. Got this fueltank for $10 but i'm not sure if it's even worth restoring, what do you think?

20160201_172127_zpsyvavsini.jpg
20160201_172133_zpse2e3pw4m.jpg

Yesterday took off trailing arms to swap bushings for new OEM and then put them on my Gen2.5, all rusty at first but then cleaned up nice with pbblaster soaking

20160203_193405_zpsjkss1dkz.jpg

20160203_193420_zpswa3vt3mz.jpg

20160203_193449_zpsmkp7qbvr.jpg

20160203_195416_zpsb5itycb8.jpg

BEG

Adventurer
^^ For $10, I think it's worth putting a little elbow grease into that gas tank. Clean up the fuel pump hanger, maybe modify it with some bulkhead fittings instead of those weak tubes, paint the outside and treat the inside with a gas tank sealer. I prefer Dragon's Blood from Caswell Plating :http://www.caswellplating.com/epoxy-gas-tank-sealer/dragons-blood-red-car-gas-tank-sealer.html

Should be a nice improvement over the stock tank and then you have your old one as a spare.

BOPOH

Explorer
interesting, thanks for the link. my old one is badly smashed, almost to the rails that's why i got this one. The problem not as much rust(some of it is just dirt), couple studs for nuts are broken and some surface rust inside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven