What did you do to your Mitsubishi today?

cornfarmer

Observer
Replaced burnt out compass light bulbs, fog light, lic. plate bulb
Investigated fuel sending unit, tested bad, ordered new OEM one
Replaced upper skid plate with one that forum member jeep-N-montero pulled for me
Put air in a tire again, Slime didn't do the trick this time, going to have to go get it patched for real

Last edited:

Dereksd

Adventurer
Followed the trail of my factory fog light wires around my engine bay for 20 minutes figuring out what goes where. Does anybody know possibly where the fuse for the fog lights are? Mine may be burnt out. (Fog lights haven't worked for years)

plh

Explorer
Followed the trail of my factory fog light wires around my engine bay for 20 minutes figuring out what goes where. Does anybody know possibly where the fuse for the fog lights are? Mine may be burnt out. (Fog lights haven't worked for years)

IIRC the "factory" fog lights are actually dealer installed (they were Bosch units on my '93 SR) Fuse on mine was under the dash in-line sorta near the switch. I removed them and now use the switch for the IPFs on my ARB. Added all new wiring, a relay / fuse bank in the engine compartment near the battery and a ATC fuse panel on the back-side of the glove box for some additional power taps.

BOPOH

Explorer

did you check bulbs? check if you get voltage there

BOPOH

Explorer
Couple days ago i began working on my trail arm bushings, what a surprise :)

Despite all the advises i went with my gut. I took off two bolts in the back and 1 nut up front, that's all that was needed to remove trail arm (besides couple supporting 12mm bolts)

20160209_195251_zpslbnkh7po.jpg

And here begins the fun: old bushing vs new, old metal plates vs newer from donor, old trailing arm vs. donor and old bushing

20160209_214701_zpspbqlmtja.jpg

20160209_225152_zpstnzsm8jd.jpg

20160209_225212_zpskvgrppoz.jpg

bikerjosh

Explorer
skids

Installed my DIY transmission skid
@BOPOH I'll try and get a better and put in my build thread.
IMG_20160219_071159_225_zpszh2pslz0.jpg

Looks pretty bad in the pic, must be the angle/iight?:bike_rider:

@BOPOH again, what systems were you getting that you needed to replace trailing arm bushings?

Last edited:

scrubber3

Not really here
Replaced front brakes and driver side front caliper. One of the Pistons had seized.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Cruisn

Adventurer
The shorty got a heap of work, started with a new steering wheel boss kit, oil change, door handle repair, antenna change, leaky tyre fix, rear window wiper. and a full detail. shes lookin rather fine today.

BOPOH

Explorer
Looks pretty bad in the pic, must be the angle/iight?:bike_rider:

@BOPOH again, what systems were you getting that you needed to replace trailing arm bushings?

Sorry didn't see that you edited your post.

Trail arms were indeed bad, loud noises when going over bumps as well as jerking movements of suspension. Everything rusted thru pretty bad on the old trail arms, donor parts were in much better condition.

PacS14

Adventurer
Finished the water pump, and passenger side camshaft seal, driver side had a lip that I did not notice and pushed in too far on one side, long story short I had to pull it out and now have to wait until tomorrow to buy another seal from mitsubishi and finish the whole timing belt, water pump and seals... dang it! I was at the point where everything was going smoothly too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven