What Half-Ton Truck & Why

tpreston

Do ALL Rebel trucks have the air suspension?

Is/was it an option or a standard feature?

Would it be noted either which way on a window sticker?
I have a 2019 (5th gen) Rebel and the air suspension was an option, and one that I did not get. I also opted for the non e-torque. Very glad I did that because the leaking rear window issue can cause the e-torque to short out and not start based on what I’ve read on the Ram forums.
rear sliding glass will leak. Frame cracks. Or the 3rd brake light can leak. Very problematic and not a good response from Ram in my opinion.
Cracked manifolds are also a common problem mentioned on the forums but I haven’t experienced it yet.
I love the truck despite the issues (A/C doesn’t blow very cold, another design issue) but keep in mind the Rebel has a lower payload. Mine is 1,320 lbs.

D45

Explorer
Was the rear window issue only on 2019s or were other model years plagued by these problems

The 3rd brake light housing also leaked on my Silverado. Had to remove the lense and use some silicon. Problem solved

D45

Explorer
It seems like NA motors are holding up better, like the 5.7L V8 in Ram trucks and the 5.3L V8 in Sierra and Silverado trucks

I do really like the 2023+ Canyon and Colorado trucks with the turbo I-4

deserteagle56

Adventurer
I really liked my 2012 3.5L F150, other than the truck eating expensive sparks and getting mediocre mpgs

But more and more I am distancing myself from the Ford products

So are you going to distance yourself from Toyota products also, now that they are recalling all the new Tundra and Lexus engines?

Good ones and bad ones in all brands. I have a 2016 F150 with the 3.5 Ecoboost I bought new. 73,000 miles on it, and all I've ever had to do to it is change oil/filters and rotate the tires. Still on original spark plugs. Overall mileage (calculated by an Excel spreadsheet) is 20.5 mpg and that includes some towing.

tpreston

Was the rear window issue only on 2019s or were other model years plagued by these problems

The 3rd brake light housing also leaked on my Silverado. Had to remove the lense and use some silicon. Problem solved
From what I have read rear window leaks were an issue on pre- 5th generation (before 2019) but really became an issue from 2019-2022. Ram has replaced some 5th gen windows but they go back with the same window and cracks in the frame have reappeared. In my case Ram did a recall on the 3rd brake light but not the cracked window frame. I ran a few beads of flowing silicone in the gap between the roof and the rear of the cab. Hasn’t leaked since. I also put a new gasket on the 3rd brake light. Spent about $30 and seemed to fix the problem.
if you’re thinking about getting one check out the videos on YouTube for the fixes I mentioned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3