What width front bumper are you running and why did you pick that one? (JK)

ventura911

Adventurer
I also went with a stubby from Shrockworks. Having bought my JK in December of '06, I was ahead of the wave of aftermarket products. Fortunately, Shrockworks came out with an awesome stubby that really followed the lines of the Jeep and had all the features I was looking for. Their sliders and rear bumper are top-notch, as well!

image.jpg

Lazy Hiker

I just ordered Warrior Product's mid width winch bumper. I want a bumper that had integrated fog lights as I find them very useful when it's snowing. I also wanted a recessed winch, and this bumper also has a brush guard for some extra protection.

I chose to go with a mid width over stubby for 2 reasons: it offers a little more protection in the front while still leaving a little tire exposed so that you don't completely lose your approach angle, and most stubbys can't incorporate lights and a recessed winch in the bumper.

My first choice was the LOD mid width (about $700), and a close second was the JCR mid width (about $650 in bare metal), however the WP bumper was $400 shipped!

mgillign

Rock Slide Engineering

I feel like the "rock slide engineering" aluminum modular bumper would be a great choice. Keeping weight down with aluminum. And, you can use it as a full width or if you ever do decide to go with new fenders it can be easily changed to a stubby.

There are also steel stubby versions for under a grand.

I wonder if anyone has this bumper on here. I am planning on buying it before the summer.

The one thing I didn't like was the holes for the lights. I contacted them asking if I could get it with out the holes and they said I could for a little extra.

images.jpegUnknown.jpegimages.ashx.jpeg

Last edited:

daryn1979

Observer
I'm also doing my research and looking for a front bumper for my '12 JKUR. Now, I know I might catch flak over this, but I hate about 90% of the bumpers on the market right now. On the past two TJs I've owned, I had a Rokmen Mercenary bumper- it was stout as hell, well designed, and looked great on my jeep. What I liked most is that it sat close to the grille and didn't affect approach angles. It seems like 90% of the bumpers for JKs on the market right now look like a huge metal footlocker hanging off the front. There are some exceptions, like the Poison Spyder Brawler and JCD Crusader, but why are all the manufacturers producing such hideous looking bumpers? I know that many people fall into the "form following function" category, but I think it's feasible to have both. So, the search continues! [/rant] :sombrero:

nnnnnate

Adventurer
We have had several of those Rock Slide front bumpers show up in local classified in the last few months. I looked at them pretty close because the people weren't asking a ton of money for them but in the end I'm not a huge fan of the huge hoop. I also think they look unique enough that I would want to match them with their rear bumper. The RS-E setups that I've seen all look really good, its just not the look I'm going for. I've more or less decided on getting the LOD rear bumper that has the basket above the spare and provisions for gerry cans. I have been following the new offerings from JCD as well and really like what they have been coming out with. Just waiting for more money though, recently the funds have been tied into the lift that just went on.

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
but I hate about 90% of the bumpers on the market right now.

Amen. And why do they think they can charge twice as much as a TJ bumper for them? I for one would like to see some more basic designs built. It's a bumper after all, not the Mona Lisa!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven