What's new at Coyote RV/Phoenix Pop up?

Bucky

Observer
PULSE SC on full-size short bed?

Rob,

Thinking of getting a Phoenix PULSE SC for our 2012 GMC Sierra ext. cab, standard bed, 4x4, 5.3L V8; the PULSE SC build that extends just past the bed length.

But, I was wondering how that floor plan shakes out after the camper has gone down the road for a few months. Any "buyer's remorse" where the owner wished he'd gone with the longer SC floor length(with overhang) on the standard bed? Or, thought the SC build is better suited to a long bed truck?

I like the idea of fitting the camper to a truck's bed length, without overhang.

I have a 2004 FWC Hawk on the truck now. I like it, but I'm not crazy about FWC's new forward dinette cum shower and swing-out casette porta-potti on the Hawk Self-contained. So, will most likely be making the move to another manufacturer when I pull the trigger on a new pop-up camper. And, from what I've seen, Phoenix tops the list.

Would appreciate your comments, and those from actual PULSE SC owners re the above.

Thanks!

Bucky

DanoT

Observer
I have an 8.5' Phoenix camper on an 8' bed. The camper sticks out just past the bed but not past the bumper and works fine.

Coyote RV will build pretty much what ever length and floor plan you want at about the same price as a non custom camper, which is why I bought from them.

Bucky

Observer
I have an 8.5' Phoenix camper on an 8' bed. The camper sticks out just past the bed but not past the bumper and works fine.

Coyote RV will build pretty much what ever length and floor plan you want at about the same price as a non custom camper, which is why I bought from them.

Good to know.

Is your camper SC (self-contained)?

Bucky

DanoT

Observer
Good to know.

Bucky

I consider my camper self contained, but I don't think there is a standard definition of SC. Coyote RV will build you what ever level of self containment that you want.

DanoT

Observer
Good to know.

Bucky

I consider my camper self contained, but I don't think there is a standard definition of SC. Coyote RV will build you what ever level of self containment that you want.

Bucky

Observer
I believe "self contained" campers have a cooking facility, inside shower, and toilet with holding tanks (or cassette toilet).

That's where Phoenix and FWC are going with their pop-up campers.

Bucky

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
Dodge Power Wagon "Outdoorsman" custom

Ok, for some reason this one took foreeeeeever to put together.... but it was so worth it in the end. She picked out some great options and accessories for this custom Dodge Powerwagon short bed Crew Cab custom PULSE SC. Here are some pictures and descriptions....

Love this moment, when the camper is really DONE! Looking it over 15 times and can't think of a single "one more thing" to do to it!! Here you see here custom name plate, the vents for her hot water and refrigerator, and more.

outdoorsman13.jpg

The exterior hot water shower fixture...

outdoorsman10.jpg

Some nice outside choices, like 8' crank out awning, air conditioner, L.E.D. flood lights,

outdoorsman14.jpg

Inside, we find one of the main things this customer requested.... restroom, with cassette toilet, and hot shower.

outdoorsman17.jpg

Also, she requested a reletively tight fit on here short bed truck, while keeping lots of storage, restroom, extra large refrigerator, and a few other goodies.

outdoorsman16.jpg

Above the big storage area, you see the stretched upper end of the cabinet face, with just enough room for the Dometic/Cramer stove/sink combo.

outdoorsman15.jpg

Here you can see the extra large compressor 12v/110v refrigerator/freezer. Plus, above the refrigerator is the stereo/CD player, then on the ceiling you can see the DVD player with 180 degree swivel flat drop screen.

outdoorsman19.jpg

Another feature that is very important to this camper owner is a VERY deep under bed storage. Normally about 4" deep, but she requested 8"

outdoorsman7.jpg

To have such a deep storage, and still have a comfortable mattress, we have equipped this one with a "Swiss" auto fill air mattress. Just turn a nob to fill it up in about 25 seconds.

outdoorsman9.jpg

Then, when it's time for the top to come down, just pull the big plug, and the air all comes out in about 6 seconds.

outdoorsman8.jpg

Also, we made these assist handles, to make it easier for this customer to grab on and pull the "phoenix simple lift" down, and hit the road.

outdoorsman18.jpg

Finally the nice truck shows up to take this one away.

outdoorsman6.jpg

Loading goes pretty smoothly, just a little bit of custom fitting (as there always is), set it down, plug it in, and ratchet it down... looking good!

outdoorsman4.jpg

outdoorsman5.jpg

outdoorsman2.jpg

outdoorsman3.jpg

And off she goes!!!
outdoorsman1.jpg

Last edited:

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Very nice build. Did you get a final weight on it? And do you have a dinette/passenger side picture?

Jack

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
interior pics of Dodge Powerwagon

Very nice build. Did you get a final weight on it? And do you have a dinette/passenger side picture?

Jack

Thank you for the questions... We did not have time to go get a weight on this one. Sorry about that. I did get a dinette side picture though. Here that is.

Powerwagon Pop up interior
outdoorsman12.jpg

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Perfect camper for a nice Ram! I am surprised so many people want campers that stick out the back of the bed like that. Not just Phoenix campers but truck campers in general. You would think more people would request either the camper fit completely inside the bed or if it is going to hang out, they might as well go a bit longer and have a full width rear overhang for more storage. None the less, that camper turned out great!

Ah, Robby…that isn’t a Power Wagon! :sombrero: Outdoorman’s and Power Wagons are two different animals although they are both sweet versions of Rams.

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Perfect camper for a nice Ram! I am surprised so many people want campers that stick out the back of the bed like that. Not just Phoenix campers but truck campers in general. You would think more people would request either the camper fit completely inside the bed or if it is going to hang out, they might as well go a bit longer and have a full width rear overhang for more storage. None the less, that camper turned out great!

Ah, Robby…that isn't a Power Wagon! :sombrero: Outdoorman's and Power Wagons are two different animals although they are both sweet versions of Rams.

It's probably more about capability than looks. The camper I was drawing up for my f150 would have fit about like that, back end flush with the bumper. I wanted as much room/length as possible without additional overhang. No need to add a fancy skirt around it when the factory tail lights are right there.

Pest

Adventurer
I can't help but notice how familiar the layout and finish materials look in a lot of the recent Phoenix beauties.... I mean, we're flattered.

Bucky

Observer
Rob,

Thinking of getting a Phoenix PULSE SC for our 2012 GMC Sierra ext. cab, standard bed, 4x4, 5.3L V8; the PULSE SC build that extends just past the bed length.

But, I was wondering how that floor plan shakes out after the camper has gone down the road for a few months. Any "buyer's remorse" where the owner wished he'd gone with the longer SC floor length(with overhang) on the standard bed? Or, thought the SC build is better suited to a long bed truck?

I like the idea of fitting the camper to a truck's bed length, without overhang.

I have a 2004 FWC Hawk on the truck now. I like it, but I'm not crazy about FWC's new forward dinette cum shower and swing-out casette porta-potti on the Hawk Self-contained. So, will most likely be making the move to another manufacturer when I pull the trigger on a new pop-up camper. And, from what I've seen, Phoenix tops the list.

Would appreciate your comments, and those from actual PULSE SC owners re the above.

Thanks!

Bucky

[BUMP]

Rob?

Anyone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk