What's new at Coyote RV/Phoenix Pop up?

WASURF63

Adventurer
Our sweet new Phoenix Pop Up was the one that Rob and Cari installed just before jetting off to OX12. :Wow1:
They had a very tight time frame, as did we, but made sure we were taken care of before we left Colorado.
Here are a few more pictures of it taken the day we picked it up.

Attachments

• PPU CRV 100_5046.jpg
    PPU CRV 100_5046.jpg
    529.7 KB · Views: 31
  • PPU CRV 100_5047.jpg
    PPU CRV 100_5047.jpg
    522.3 KB · Views: 24
  • PPU CRV 100_5050.jpg
    PPU CRV 100_5050.jpg
    552.4 KB · Views: 27

Fixing stuff

Ok, the stuff we use is "spa liner" also known as "weblon."

It is a nylon or dacron impregnated heavy duty vinyl, on the outside layer. Then a high density soft sheet foam similar to thin-su-late for the center core. Finally, the inside layer that you see inside the camper is a heavy duty nylon pack cloth. Then you have a bunch more special materials, when you start looking at the windows, screens, vel-cro closures, threads, and sealants... It's kind of more complex than it looks at first, unfortunately. That is why we have to charge about $1,000 for a new complete, 4 window, insulated liner, ready to install.

If you do want us to make one up for you, just need your camper brand name, model, your overall size, and how many windows you want.... oh, and the money.

Let me know, thanks! Rob

Thanks Rob,

I'm still in the planning stages, and it will probably be this winter that I do this project. I think I settled on 18 oz vinyl coater polyester.

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
Bye Bye CJ

Okay, kind of a sad day. My little CJ5 went bye bye. Here it is going for a ride to it's new owner. Didn't really want to sell it, but it's time for a new project, so we had to hand it over to a new owner, and he's a really good guy. We'll call him J. J is excited about the P.U.L.S.E. pop up, and is very passionate about building out "CJ" - quality. He even says that he will try to post some pictures of the build, and of little CJ out on the trail, once it's all done. If he follows through, I can't wait to see CJ out having fun again!!

This first picture is like Zebra is saying goodbye.
byecj4.jpg

byecj3.jpg

byecj2.jpg

Bye Bye CJ
byecj.jpg

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
Lots of goodies!

Ok, this week we have seen some cool units hit the road. They were mostly done, and we finished them and installed on the customer's trucks. Many many great options and accessories.... too many to list. Hope everyone likes what they see!!

longtundra1.jpg

longtundra2.jpg

longtundra3.jpg

longtundra4.jpg

longtundra5.jpg

ram15002-1.jpg

ram15001.jpg

ram15003.jpg

agerb

Observer
I am in Bend and plan to check this one out, question is can it be made to work with a Tacoma crew cab short bed? Any input would be appreciated.

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
crew cab tacoma pop up, no problem.

I am in Bend and plan to check this one out, question is can it be made to work with a Tacoma crew cab short bed? Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you for your interest in a new Phoenix Pop up.... we can sure fit your Tacoma crew cab. You can get yours nice and tight fitting, with just a little bit inside, or get it a little bigger than the bed and get LOTS of goodies inside. Here are a few pictures of different custom units on Tacoma Crew Cab, short beds.

cordsmountaintwo.jpg

cordsmountain.jpg

Dembecki.jpg

snowmobiling.jpg

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
GMC 2500 custom 8'

Ok, so if a picture's worth 1,000 words, then here's like A LOT of words to describe the last unit we sent out on the trail.

2012 GMC 2500 long bed crew cab, with some neat features like completely bamboo/corian interior, heavy duty aluminum roof hatch, and more:

GMC2500popup9.jpg

GMC2500popup8.jpg

GMC2500popup7.jpg

buck2.jpg

buck3.jpg

buck4.jpg

buck5.jpg

buck8.jpg

buck6.jpg

buck1.jpg

GMC2500popup10.jpg

GMC2500popup11.jpg

GMC2500popup12.jpg

GMC2500popup6.jpg

GMC2500popup13.jpg

GMC2500popup4.jpg

GMC2500popup2.jpg

GMC2500popup3.jpg

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
Alaska or bust!! Tundra with custom Phoenix pop up!

Just got back from the short trip to Fairbanks for a custom Tundra/Phoenix installation - customization job. Left Monday night, back this morning, and right back to work.... This is the craziest time of year!

Here's a shot of the Fairbanks airport at about Midnight! I think it would be weird to live without dark nights, it got to me in just two evenings.

Tundrapopup.jpg

The camper is already here in town, when I arrive at it's new home, I just have to to the final customizations, vehicle fit, and installation on this beautiful 2005 Tundra Crew Cab.

tundrapopup7.jpg

The interior has the dark cherry custom finish, it is a PULSE SC, so it has the full restroom with hot water, shower, and cassette toilet, all just to the tail lights of the short bed.

Tundrapopup2.jpg

Lots of cool features, like this folding ladder.

Tundrapopup1.jpg

The work turned out very well, the customers approved my work, and they are ready for the trail!!!

tundrapopup4.jpg

tundrapopup3.jpg

tundrapopup5.jpg

tundrapopup6.jpg

So, with all the work done, I took a couple of minutes to see the closest tourist attraction I could find.....

tundrapopup8.jpg

and straight back to the airport. different kind of work week for me, for sure!

bob91yj

Resident **************
Damn I wish I could justify getting rid of my SunLite pop up for one of your custom campers. You guys do awesome work...one of these days!

The only nit I have is with the exterior graphics on the sides. Why do customers even opt for that? I think the solid white looks much nicer than the random graphic shape/color with windows and doors destroying any artistic element to the shape, and a fair chance it won't match your next truck. I know, different strokes for different folks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk