WhiteKnight Build (ttora4runners rebuild)

phsycle

Adventurer
Don't know about 4Runners, but I know the chart for Tacoma's have not been 100% reliable. If you're going to regear anyway, I guess it's not an issue.

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
Small updates -

Tundra brake upgrade (231mm) has been complted thanks to Armorology.

Going to be doing the Andy MOD when I do the rear axle swap so I did some searching and picked up the 'trac off' switch from a 97 Toyota Camry (I don't think I've seen anyone use this switch before).

BtQ6uzCGkKGrHqIH-CgEvpz7PqoBL7LlY44u_12.jpg

I'm playing with a few idea where to install the switch:

1) in the factory knock-out (fits just fine).
P1060053.jpg

2)Under the radio in the little cubby.
P1060056.jpg

I'm partial to second one since I'm toying with installing the rear locker switch there and possible moving the 'center diff lock switch' to this location as well and just make up a custom switch panel.

Current state of the elocker axle.
P1060044.jpg

An impact driver made quick work of the disassembling everything and saved me from doing more damage to my shoulder. Hopefully, in the next week or so I'll have it all cleaned-up ready for paint.

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
Not really an update just got a new switch. I'll probable be keeping both switches here and make up a little panel since I'll probable add another switch or two down the line.

P1060130.jpg

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
Dropped the 4runner off at Armorolgy tonight to swap in and wire the rear axle as well as swapping in a new front diff as well since the gears are different, I'll be going from 4.10's to 4.30's.

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
Waiting to be installed:

Front O2 sensor
Fuel Filter
Kenwood radio - I cant stand the current one that's in it.
Slee elocker control box

On order
New drivers sideview mirror - the current one rattles like crazy. There's something broken in the pivot point and it drives me up the wall. I already replaced the passenger side mirror due to this as well but it sound like it was about to fall off going over any bump in the road.
Drivers side door molding

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
Version 2 with the 100 series LC rear locker dial

P1060668.jpg

The (2) blanks will be filled in with the 'trac off' button and with the center diff lock switch. Jed at Armorology was able to recess the locker dial so it would sit flush or close to it. The other (2) will be slightly raised since there really wouldn't be enough material left to hold the switches in place.

Also installed

Sky Manufacturing elocker guard
Modified Trail Gear small diff armor

toyotech

Expedition Leader
how are you gonna have a center diff lock? are you swaping the t case as well? maybe i missed something
btw the work looks great so far

digitalferg

Adventurer
Did you ever get a 90* connector for your CB? If not, you should just run it through the cig lighter spot or one of the ones just below it (can see an empty one in your 2nd pic). I have the same CB and ran it through my cig lighter spot on my 2002 4Runner. Worked freaking perfect since there were extra ones right below anyway.

Just a thought anyway.

Rig is looking good man. Getting close to back where you were before you flipped your old one.

-Ferg

Finally, got around to installing my CB today minus the antenna.

CB control box is the gray box to the left
P1040396.jpg

The CB
P1040398.jpg

Clearance, I'm going to pick up a 90* bend to see that helps some. In hind sight I probable should've put it higher up or on the passenger side but I'm happy with it overall.
P1040397.jpg

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
Finally got the panel wired up and functional

P1070609.jpg

I wasn't able to use the one switch like I would've liked so we just used the fog light switch. Eventually, both the center diff lock and trac off switch will be replaced with a newer switch from either a 4th gen 4runner or FJ Cruiser.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal