WhiteKnight Build (ttora4runners rebuild)

rickashay

Explorer
It seems like you're ready to head out and bash the rocks! The Lil Skips skid finishes it off nicely..... Further motivation for myself to follow your path with that and toss the cheesy OEM tank skid.

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
Made a little trip up to Denver tonight and picked up a set of 16" Baja Tacoma rims. These are the same type of rims I had on my last 4runner.

A set of spider trax spacers will be making their way to my door.

P1070619.jpg

The guy wouldn't sell the rims without the tires, so I'll be selling those to recoup some cost.

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
It seems like you're ready to head out and bash the rocks! The Lil Skips skid finishes it off nicely..... Further motivation for myself to follow your path with that and toss the cheesy OEM tank skid.

Well, I've dented the gas tank skids on my past vehicles so I fiqured if I dent this one I'm in over my head.

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
Finally, got around to installing the new rear lower links tonight. Install was pretty simple and straight foward.

Old Links, both of which have a slight bend to them

Passenger side links (old link vs the new link)
PassengerSide.jpg

Driver's side has more of a bend to it (old link vs. a straight stock link)
DriversSide.jpg

Installed
IMG_0017.jpg

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
I had a nice present waiting for me when I got home from work: CBI rear bumper.

I had it built to accept a tire carrier later on. :sombrero:

P1080445_zps1f69b70a.jpg

She'll remain packaged up till the front bumper is ready then they'll both be installed at the same time and yes my 125 lb frame was able to muscle around and pickup a 150 lb bumper. :Wow1:

Last edited:

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
One not so expo mod and one expo mod.

Finally got me a sport hood as well as some other goodies while I'm waiting for my front bumper.

P1080624_zpsec99f596.jpg

P1080619_zpsde0c6685.jpg

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
In the middle of nowhere in Wyoming searching for the 'Strawberry Creek Pony Express Station' over 'Memorial Day' weekend.

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
In the middle of nowhere in Wyoming searching for the 'Strawberry Creek Pony Express Station' over 'Memorial Day' weekend...slice...

Hey there, nice looking ride there. Very useful! I'm in WY too and I was wondering which city Strawberry Creek was close to. I have been to a bunch up around Casper but haven't heard of that. Safe Travels

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
Little bit of an update and thanks to Cruiseroutfitters for doing the install.

Progress Photos:

Front -

Back -

Completed -

Hopefully, this week I'll get the Lightforce lights wired up. Now I got to order the tire carrier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal