who daily drives there rovers?

Abu Buckwheat

warrior-scholar-shooter
I drove my 2005 D110 TD5 daily for the last four years ... she is about to be sold to someone in the Philppines! :wavey: Defenders 001.jpg

Now driving my Hyper Desertified 110 Hardtop built by a former Brtish Army REME guy who worked for the UAE Army and Land Rover Special Vehicles. Its almost TOO much Defender, if there is such a thing The other two are being outfitted right now ... one for return to the states and another for a trip to Beijing then Cape Town.

IMG_4886.JPG

Last edited:

jamgeorge13

i have been dd a rover since y2k first was a 99 disco2 then i bought a 06 RR in 08 and currently working on getting the disco back into the rotation

Scott Brady

Founder
Stephanie drives her MKIII daily.

I drive either a 1995 Discovery 5-speed or 2012 LR4 daily.

Rovers are happier being driven regularly.

Colin Hughes

Explorer
Since buying my first used Rover in 1999, a 95 SD, I've driven all mine daily. Currently it's a 1997 300 TDi D1 and its' a pleasant relief on the wallet as my daily round trip is 160 kms.

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
Stephanie drives her MKIII daily.

I drive either a 1995 Discovery 5-speed or 2012 LR4 daily.

Rovers are happier being driven regularly.

Amen to that, my truck seems to thrive the harder and farther I drive it. I have a replacement engine sitting in my garage that I am waiting to put in but the old 3.5 just keeps going and going. It will be nice to have a larger engine once she gives out but it doesnt look like that will be anytime soon.

D110

Observer
D90 has been our daily driver for years.... keep talking about getting a "sensible" car but somehow all we ever have are rovers in the garage.

MattScott

Approved Vendor
I couldn't imagine not daily driving a Rover.

I daily drove my 71 SIIa for nearly a year before switching to an 04 TReK as a DD.

aka rover

Adventurer
I drive a Rover daily since its all we own except the f350 tow rig and it only moves if it has a trailer behind it with a dead rover on it.

Kathryn drives a Series rover daily a 1960 or her 85 defender 110, she prefers a series tho, her favorite is the series III. I drive whatever shes not driving.

uk trailer guy

Observer
gas at $4.00 per gal was taking its toll on my checking account

Though it's dropped slightly recently, over here diesel works out to the equivalent of just under $9.00 a gallon and petrol $8.60.

Resultantly my SIII doesn't see as much road time as my KLR650.... :(

MedicalCowboy

Adventurer
I drive mine at least 3-4 times a week, unless of course it's innerds are strewn all around the house and garage. :victory:
At which point I just light my pipe and wait on the wifey to get home lol

blue bomber

Adventurer
I used to drive my beast everyday until I inherited the tow-behind samurai. My rover looks giant compared to the micro machine.When I feel emasculated enough during the week, I'll drive the beast again. Its hard to beat 25 mpg and the ability to pick up your car it you get stuck :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351316475.875512.jpg

Tapatalk sucks, sent from Matthew's IPhone

LtFuzz

Explorer
I daily drive a 2004 DII. I get about 300 miles per 21-22 gallon tank.

A tank costs $68-$80 in a state with some of the cheapest gas prices in the entire United States.

If you really do daily drive your Rover, i.e. to work and back, to the grocery store and back, etc., you're like me and spending somewhere around $200 a month in fuel.

There's nothing romantic or cool about it. Daily driving a Rover V8 is a profoundly inefficient way to get around. Just sayin'.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues