Why hood blackouts?

michaelgroves

Explorer
Ah. They get hot up here too, but I never thought it would cause a problem with burns. For real?

Enough to blister the soft parts if you don't move them off sharpish. Got a nasty blister on the back of my arm, just above the elbow, when topping up someone else's engine oil after the car had been sitting in the 50° sun all day. Even with my aluminium chequerplate, you wouldn't want to walk on the fender with bare feet. Hot hot hot!

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
Enough to blister the soft parts if you don't move them off sharpish. Got a nasty blister on the back of my arm, just above the elbow, when topping up someone else's engine oil after the car had been sitting in the 50° sun all day. Even with my aluminium chequerplate, you wouldn't want to walk on the fender with bare feet. Hot hot hot!

Wow. I remember years ago when I was a kid, went out on the hottest July day on record and tried to cook an egg on the tarmac. Nope.

C'mon! In summer in Canada, the sun can often be seen above the tree-line on the horizon!...

Yeah, sometimes it even gets so hot I even SWEAT! :Wow1: :elkgrin: Usually it's from the exertion of swatting mosquitos. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal