Wildlife Photography

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Thanks! :wings:

Oh wait...I didn't post anything recently. Never mind.:elkgrin:

I agree there are several outstanding captures in recent posts. We have some excellent photogs feeding this thread. Please keep it up. I am enjoying them all.

Pat, Didn't you capture a similar hunting coyote series a few years back in Yellowstone? Those are the once in a lifetime moments when it all comes together.

Last edited:

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
Nothing close to what has been posted, but I thought I'd add to the thread.

I was bored today and it stopped raining so I thought I'd head out for some Meditation behind the camera. End of our dock was filled with gulls and they like to fight over who gets to sit atop the pilings. Gulls can be good practice for my Birds In Flight techniques because they're almost tame :)

King-of-the-Post-Gulls-Behind-L.jpg

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
Pat, Didn't you capture a similar hunting coyote series a few years back in Yellowstone? Those are the once in a lifetime moments when it all comes together.

Yes Sir! And you're right, those are once in a lifetime moments. Only person I know who has prints of the series is XJBanker who ordered the series and says he has them framed in his cabin in the Northern Utah Mtns. Someday I hope to see them framed in person.

I rarely see any of my images actually printed out. It just costs too much to print stuff these days, but when I do, I'm always awe-struck. The computer monitor just doesnt do a big print justice.

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
Thanks Trevor! Just trying different things in Post to bring out the detail. Plus, the sun was behind me reflecting off the water, with mostly overcast clouds above me which was like having a big studio strobe to light the birds.

john101477

Photographer in the Wild
I took my wife and daughter to the wetlands near us and we went for a little walk. caught some really cool images out of it as well. whats funny is I like the full color image better, but I ran a survey on this Vs the color and this won barely. funny how peoples taste differ.

20111011_1934asSmartObject-4.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater