Wildlife Photography

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
Our last few days on the boat have been like living in a Sea World Show.

I dont know if it's because of the time of year, or the calm waters we've been experiencing, but the dolphins have been playing in our wake non-stop every time we go out.

Fully-Breached-Dolphin-playing-L.jpg

Notice that the horizon and water meet in one of those Quicksilver horizons and it's hard to tell where one ends and the other begins. The water was like a pane of glass this day

Jumping-Sideways-Dolphins-in-L.jpg

One of the dolphins always jumps sideways which usually splashes us and the cameras pretty good, but it's worth a little salt spray on the gear because of how cool it is

Playing-in-the-Wake-Dolphins-L.jpg

My wife snapped this shot while I was piloting the boat. You can see someone else who was standing on the other side of me with their camera for the tour. They both got some amazing shots this day!

Baby-Dolphin-almost-touching-L.jpg

Hard to tell in this shot because of how close it is to the camera, but this is a baby dolphin, only about a 1/4 of the size of the adults. This one kept jumping right beside the boat and was getting so close to the boat and the camera that when this photo was taken, it was a mere foot away from the front of the lens.

Taken with a Canon 5D with a Canon 16-35mm lens

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Amazing captures Pat! :Wow1: My wife freaked out on them and wants to know when we are coming to visit you guys at the hideaway. :xxrotflma

BIGGUY

Adventurer
Not the best photos, but I was shocked to see them and I was stopped in the middle of the Hwy. This is only the 4th or 5th time I've seen any of these guys in the 27 years I've lived in this area. These were shot just North of the bottom of the Sheep Creek Geological Loop road at the Southwest end of the Flaming Gorge Reservoir.

DSC_0096-1.jpg

DSC_0099-1.jpg

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
That Kimberly Caravan would look pretty cool parked in our campground!!

I seems to look pretty cool no matter where it's parked. :sombrero:

We just had a nice traveling couple from Australia stay with us for a couple nights. They are crossing the southern US from Arizona out to Florida and then up to the Carolinas. I told them about your Hideaway and sent them your way for a Low Key visit. Hopefully they'll contact you guys when they get closer in a couple months. Ian and Pat Fihelly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach