Would an Extra $5,000+ Make a Difference?

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Misconceptions.... We operate a factory in China and know many others that do so. Wages AND benefits like healthcare, free lunches, housing is not that far off from western standards.
Right, but I doubt they need to have health insurance or a 401K. I suppose the enjoy a free bat sandwich with rice wine.

So, have you signed up for slave labor in the U.S.?

I guess it's payback for us using Chinese labor to build our railroads 150 years ago.

ThundahBeagle

As an additional comment to my post about Chinese EV in China.... Apparently, EVERY EV is using the same plugs and are compatible with all chargers within the country.
Why can't we get this going?
They did it through communism. Kinda forced the issue. We are busy trying to sus out which capitalist will come up with the best system so we can all get the third best system because they bid the lowest

ThundahBeagle

As of March both Ford and Rivian are able to use nearly any Tesla Supercharger with an adapter. Sort of a game changer for me when considering an EV to replace my GX460 (I will likely buy a R1S in another year or two when used values come down a bit more).

I don't do HUGE road trips often. Typically its 300-500 mile days, with several stops for kid/dog breaks anyways. For my style of travel, stopping to charge for 20-30 minutes vs a 10 minute fuel splash is not a downside. It takes a little more planning, but to me its not any different than learning where the cheap fuel stops are along HWY 395 so you don't get stuck paying a markup at the tourist traps.

I agree that EVs aren't a good replacement for every type of vehicle, nor do they fit everyone's preference. Don't buy one if you don't want one ... seems pretty easy.

We can thank Elon Musk for needing to do things different. But going forward nearly all of the other car companies have agreed to switch to the Tesla type connector. As of now its a matter of using an adapter to be able to use either type of plug. Its not as big a deal as its made out to be.

Eh...Sony came out with Beta Max. Way better quality than VHS. Sony also had proprietary MMX (MMS?) Sticks like the SD cards, and those are the only memory sticks Sony cameras would take.

Apple operates like this, too.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
They did it through communism. Kinda forced the issue. We are busy trying to sus out which capitalist will come up with the best system so we can all get the third best system because they bid the lowest
Boils down to a philosophy, should we all pull together for the good of all or should we act in our own self-interest for our own personal achievement?

Definition of chaos; a two party political system in a capitalistic society.

Who will step up to be the Ralph Nader of the EV? (Ralph gained notoriety by killing the Corvair with exaggerations and misinformation in a book, "Unsafe At Any Speed"). (Corvair- America's first rear engine car built by Cheverolet).

I don't think I'll buy an EV, I'm waiting for the flying car I was promised when I was 16.

JaSAn

Grumpy Old Man
Boils down to a philosophy, should we all pull together for the good of all or should we act in our own self-interest for our own personal achievement?
Definition of chaos; a two party political system in a capitalistic society . . .
Communist countries build walls to keep people in.
Capitalist countries build walls to keep people out.

LRNAD90

Adventurer
LOL, exactly, now explain why that dog voted for the links to be removed, stupid dog!

Well that's easy, because it was carefully 'taught' for generations that the one removing the links had it's best interest in mind.. But yeah, lots of stupid dogs it seems, what can I say..

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Well that's easy, because it was carefully 'taught' for generations that the one removing the links had it's best interest in mind.. But yeah, lots of stupid dogs it seems, what can I say..

And we all know you can't teach an old dog new tricks, especially stupid ones!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle