Yeti and the Marshmallow

MrBeast

Explorer
The first thing you need to do is find out if you have 12v at the bulb socket or not, use a ground that is not part of that circuit, IE ground directly to the body, like at the door striker.

If you do not have voltage there the next place to check is at the switch to see if it is supplying power to the dome light circuit.

kjp1969

Explorer
As far as I know the bulbs are fine and the grounds are wired into the plugs. I couldn't get a read on whether there was 12V at the plug or not.

Step one of tracing an electrical problem is finding out whether the lamp is getting 12v. If it is, see if the other end of the lamp is connected to ground. Get a test light. If you don't have a test light, use the bulb and an old wire to improvise. Try it on the battery first to make sure it's not burned out. On my Bronco, one of the mounting screws for the dome light grounds the light to the roof.

Assuming the fuse is intact, I'll bet that you didn't reconnect the dome light correctly after your headliner excitement.

Go, grasshopper, test the circuit.

Basement Yeti

Explorer
I tested the 12V and wasn't getting a reading, so I went and looked around the van again. I came to the aftermarket switched 12V dome light and pulled back the plastic conduit, the wire was crushed and gashed in a few places, not from me.

I went back to my fuse box and pulled the 20A courtesy light fuse and noticed it was blown. I hadn't noticed before even though I checked every fuse.

I took one of my two 20A spares and put it in place and as soon as I did it blew.

I disconnected my negative terminal from my battery and went to just before the wire was damaged and cut it, stripped the wire back, and attached it back to the light with my new Klein crimpers.

I reconnect the negative terminal, popped in a new 20A fuse and all the lights turned on!

Now it's time to patch the holes up, and eat some pizza. :chef:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

MrBeast

Explorer
I tested the 12V and wasn't getting a reading, so I went and looked around the van again. I came to the aftermarket switched 12V dome light and pulled back the plastic conduit, the wire was crushed and gashed in a few places, not from me.

I went back to my fuse box and pulled the 20A courtesy light fuse and noticed it was blown. I hadn't noticed before even though I checked every fuse.

I took one of my two 20A spares and put it in place and as soon as I did it blew.

I disconnected my negative terminal from my battery and went to just before the wire was damaged and cut it, stripped the wire back, and attached it back to the light with my new Klein crimpers.

I reconnect the negative terminal, popped in a new 20A fuse and all the lights turned on!

Now it's time to patch the holes up, and eat some pizza. :chef:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The Kliens are awesome arent they!

Glad you got it working.

MrBeast

Explorer
Link keeps redirecting me to the home page. What is it?

A M101 equipment trailer.

xsj1srrpc.jpg

Going to get one, cut the sides off and put my welding machine on it.

It will be similar to this:

id_m116_trailer_03_700.jpg

MrBeast

Explorer
That's one beefy trailer. What's your next step in our career? On the road business?

that is kind of the idea, going to go up to alaska and see if I can make some money welding up there.

Oh and if you wind up needing a trailer to pull behind the marshmellow, you can get one for less than 200 bucks!

Basement Yeti

Explorer
that is kind of the idea, going to go up to alaska and see if I can make some money welding up there.

Oh and if you wind up needing a trailer to pull behind the marshmellow, you can get one for less than 200 bucks!

I think Marshmallow is a stepping stone in my ultimate adventure. I see a lot of hiccups having a vehicle and living quarters combined as one vessel.

Alaska, I can't wait to get up there in the future. Beautiful place.

Basement Yeti

Explorer
I insulated 75% of my roof today. I didn't take any photos because I can't find my camera.

Let me say again how much I LOVE that Super 77. A clean line of adhesive on both edges of the vapor barrier allowed me to attach different sections to each other with zero gaps.

I love..LOVE...LOVE Super 77.

I also lost the straw to my expanding foam. Can I buy spares in the store or something?

Basement Yeti

Explorer
Here some photos of todays progress. Eventually it got too hot to work though since my van is parked right in the sun.

Glued one of my cotton batting sections to the floor, oops.

Nice clean tight transition around the slider.

Freaking want to marry this super 77 stuff. Look how beautiful that is.

Buttoned back up.

I stopped right at that center rib on the roof. I need to run some conduit along it for a few things, mark out where the dome light goes, move some wires etc.

Once the roof is done being insulated I am going to dedicate myself to getting a roof vent in there. It's a must.

That cotton insulation is so easy to work with by the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3