Yeti and the Marshmallow

kjp1969

Explorer
I don't get it, why do I have to sleep in it before you'll continue reading? Do naps count?

You don't. But we're at 400 posts and you haven't slept in it yet! Just do it!
No, naps don't count. Drive somewhere, pull over, spend the night, and report back. It's for your own good.:)

wrcsixeight

Adventurer
If the wire's insulation is only nicked then you can just cover the nick with electrical tape.
If any copper strands are severed the wire needs that section replaced, which by your previous posts is likely beyond your ability, and tools.

But it should have blew a fuse. Sometimes the fuse still appear good but have failed.

Basement Yeti

Explorer
If the wire's insulation is only nicked then you can just cover the nick with electrical tape.
If any copper strands are severed the wire needs that section replaced, which by your previous posts is likely beyond your ability, and tools.

But it should have blew a fuse. Sometimes the fuse still appear good but have failed.

None of the copper wire is exposed, it's a very small knick. So just wrap it with electrical tape and replace the fuse?

wrcsixeight

Adventurer
The problem with electrical tape is it likes to unravel in areas with high heat, and wrapping it around a single wire among other wires is difficult at best.

The fuse should have blown. If it did not blow, and you cannot get the lights to flicker on and off when you manipulate the section of the nick, then the problem lies elsewhere.

Basement Yeti

Explorer
Hm, I wonder what else it could be then. I did have the stereo and speakers installed, other than that nothing else was messed with.

MrBeast

Explorer
Check and see if the bulb is good. Touching them with your bare hands can kill them.

Did you touch the bulb with your bare hands?

Basement Yeti

Explorer
Check and see if the bulb is good. Touching them with your bare hands can kill them.

Did you touch the bulb with your bare hands?

Two of them. One was unmolested, the other is inside of a housing which was never opened. Shouldn't those two still work.

MrBeast

Explorer
Two of them. One was unmolested, the other is inside of a housing which was never opened. Shouldn't those two still work.

yeah they should, you have another problem somwhere.

You may have to pull the headliner back down and trace the wires out see where they go, also get a meter and see if power is getting to them.

You should be able to turn on the dome light manually reguardless weather or not the dome overide is on.

Also it could be that switch is bad.

Basement Yeti

Explorer
yeah they should, you have another problem somwhere.

You may have to pull the headliner back down and trace the wires out see where they go, also get a meter and see if power is getting to them.

You should be able to turn on the dome light manually reguardless weather or not the dome overide is on.

Also it could be that switch is bad.

The wires run to the driver side into the main bundle of wires coming from the rear. I traced them all the way back and only found that one little knick.

MrBeast

Explorer
also you shold unplug all the plugs and plug them back togeather just to make sure one did not pull apart a little way.

Basement Yeti

Explorer
I checked to be sure all the plugs were properly secured, I checked all the wires again for damage, I wrapped the very slightly knicked wire with electrical tape, all the fuses are OK. It has to be that switch thing. How do I get at it?

kjp1969

Explorer
Did you reconnect the ground when you reinstalled the dome light?
Is there 12v at the connectors at the light?
Is the bulb burned out?

Go camp!!!

Basement Yeti

Explorer
Did you reconnect the ground when you reinstalled the dome light?
Is there 12v at the connectors at the light?
Is the bulb burned out?

Go camp!!!

As far as I know the bulbs are fine and the grounds are wired into the plugs. I couldn't get a read on whether there was 12V at the plug or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl