YETI Interior Build/Overview

pratty85

Adventurer
I built this fold down table out of the rear door panel that was cut wrong. I used it alot this weekend when my girlfriend and I went to Red River Gorge in KY. I have plans of mounting the factory interior door handle back on and adding a paper towel holder on the top panel.

DSCF0816_zps47296973.jpg

DSCF1024_zps59ddf1c1.jpg

DSCF0899_zpsfa7be7e9.jpg

We were able to find a nice remote area at the end of a gravel road right on a creek bed, didn't see anyone else the entire time we were there.
Some random shots of Yeti:
DSCF0860_zps8c2b10a4.jpg

DSCF0864_zps302c71ff.jpg

DSCF0843_zps41c3d399.jpg

Last edited:

pratty85

Adventurer
I also took an annual stop by UJOR to get some upgrades.

OBA system with Firestone free float airbags
DSCF0805_zps51728584.jpg

DSCF0806_zps35d823b5.jpg

DSCF0804_zpsfc7d9170.jpg

DSCF0803_zpsd2263457.jpg

DSCF0807_zps74e3e8cb.jpg

High steer kit, and trac bar
DSCF0809_zps2b4d20f2.jpg

DSCF0810_zps5d0b6604.jpg

DSCF0811_zpse54d8f21.jpg

DSCF0813_zps3bf1098b.jpg

I have to say I love the on board air system and the ability to raise and lower the back end of the van by 5 inches!! It rides so much smoother!!! It already was a smooth ride, but now there is no bobbing in the back. The high steer and trac bar made a huge improvement in handling!!!! And a big thanks to Chris for going the extra mile for me!!

McZippie

Walmart Adventure Camper
Very nice mods!... tell us more about the Firestone free float airbags???

I googled them and couldn't find any info.
Why have them free floating rather than attached at both ends?
I'm guessing they have something to with longer wheel travel.

pratty85

Adventurer
The kit uses UJOR top mounts, and a UJOR rest plate is attached to your u-bolts just above the u-bolt plate/spring retainer. The top of the bag is secure to the mount and the bottom rests on the plate without being bolted. Without the bags being inflated they just barely make contact with the rest plate. It allows you to be able to fully flex with no resistance from the bag. I think these bags will handle at least 120psi. I have been running mine at about 70psi going down the road. Chris has been running this design on his van for some time now. I plan on pulling a lot and I carry a lot of gear and tools everywhere I go because I do not own a shop/garage yet.

Because of you Pratty I started reading up on vans as soon as I got home today and stumbled across this thread! Funny how that worked out.

I am Joe, the tall Marine from the rally.

My mind was racing with ideas for a van all the way home. After spending years of reading up on stuff for my Tacoma and spending thousands on mods I may have to sell it and find a used van.

Thanks for all the info and getting me excited about a new style of vehicle that me and the girlfriend could enjoy.

pratty85

Adventurer
Because of you Pratty I started reading up on vans as soon as I got home today and stumbled across this thread! Funny how that worked out.

I am Joe, the tall Marine from the rally.

My mind was racing with ideas for a van all the way home. After spending years of reading up on stuff for my Tacoma and spending thousands on mods I may have to sell it and find a used van.

Thanks for all the info and getting me excited about a new style of vehicle that me and the girlfriend could enjoy.

Hey man! It was good to talk to ya about it, I am sure you will find a good one, you did a great job on your Tacoma! You will definitely enjoy being able to stretch out when you sleep! Good luck with the search, and feel free to ask any questions, I will try to help where I can, and there is a lot of good people that help out and support your interest here in the 4wd camper forum!!!

Resbum

Wow, so many ideas, so little $$$$.

I just came over from your IFSJA thread and it was well worth the trip. Just seeing the free floating airbags was worth the trip. I've been kicking around ideas for how to install them on my Gladiator.

Resbum

pratty85

Adventurer
I was scared there for a bit...I thought I was going to have to sell Yeti, I lost my job due to the company getting sued, But thankfully after tons of searching and applying I found one!

But anyway I thought I wouls show some pics of Yeti from the Southeast Overland Expo:
106_0962-1.jpg

photo1.jpg

R1-04322-012A.jpg

IMG_2459.jpg

pratty85

Adventurer
Finally got out for a weekend, went to some local offroad parks, found them to be to muddy and I was the only one there.....so not in the mood to get my 10k van stuck. But me and my GF did make it down to the Red River Gorrge again, such a beautiful place! We woke up with a couple of inches of snow on the ground that first morning. The place was dead quiet and the water was clear with a light green tint. I thought I would share some pics.

DSCF2516_zps83b3fb3c.jpg

DSCF2518_zpsec2fdff7.jpg

DSCF2521_zpsdfdd1ba6.jpg

DSCF2563_zpsb59d28f1.jpg

DSCF2522_zps27287b55.jpg

In the mean time, I have come to a pause in my build, I have been collecting up led lights, inverter, fuse block, and contemplating other things. so once I am living in a spot that I am free to work on Yeti, I have all my parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk