YETI Interior Build/Overview

pratty85

Adventurer
McZippie,
I like the sound of your setup and it seems really efficient! Esp. since I have a high idle setting on my DP Tuner chip. But I don't want to carry 2 different types of fuel, and I don't have the space for a diesel generator. With the increasing efficiency and durability of solar panels, I am going to take full advantage of the sun. My panels are not going to be permanently fixed like most peoples, I will be able to park in the shade and simple run my extension chord out into the sun to achieve maximum absorption. http://www.zampsolar.com/ This place has a nice portable kit with quick connects with a reasonable price.

Right now I am running dual Diehard Platinum Deep cycle batteries with 933cca. I have been running them for about 10 months now. Very impressed to say the least. I am going to stick with having 2 different charging systems for now. I need to make use of that nice skid-plate space. Now with UJOR's OBA kit, I no longer need to mount my compressor back there.

Hoosier Daddy

Observer
Great write up on a great build! The Adrian liner is such a nice piece, a clean, safe solution for sure. :drool:

The difference in him squeezing the 4" DP in there is that it is a 7.3, a little different than trying that with a 6.0, with store bought goodies anyway.

ericvs

The difference in him squeezing the 4" DP in there is that it is a 7.3, a little different than trying that with a 6.0, with store bought goodies anyway.
I was mostly just hijacking (sorry) to give ujoint a hard time (for fun of course!). That 4" is so burly looking jammed under the doghouse. I like it.
I ordered one of those overhead storage things, and they are nothing like the picture. no storage space and build really cheap. I returned it. I have been wanting and overhead storage area esp for my CB radio setup, but it looks like I will have to make one.
Good to know. I am going to have to make my own anyway, so now I don't feel too bad that this one doesn't work.

Hoosier Daddy

Observer
I was mostly just hijacking (sorry) to give ujoint a hard time (for fun of course!). That 4" is so burly looking jammed under the doghouse. I like it.

No worries, I wasn't bustin' your hump, just trying to pass info. I know tone can be difficult in writing. :bike_rider:

pratty85

Adventurer
Great write up on a great build! The Adrian liner is such a nice piece, a clean, safe solution for sure. :drool:

Thanks! I Really like it now that everything is installed. Just twiddling my thumbs waiting on the custom sofa bed to get here! I just received my hood louvers today, so Those will get installed. And I have to re-seal the rear pop out windows.

pratty85

Adventurer
Well after getting the sides installed I decided to skip the plywood under the rubber mat. It would have given me a flatter floor, but it would have caused my walls to not sit flush. But given the design I can easily install it later.

pratty85

Adventurer
Well I finally received the right pieces for the headliner and installed them. So my walls, ceiling, and floor are done.
DSCF0758.jpg

I also received my ladder from www.toolup.com.
I ordered the carrying case for easy storage. Here it is next to a 35" tire:
DSCF0759.jpg

Here is it collapsed out of the case:
DSCF0761.jpg

DSCF0762.jpg

Here it is extended for roof rack access:
DSCF0764.jpg

Here it is completely extended to show its reaching capabilities, that is the top of the railing on the second story.
DSCF0766.jpg

notmiller

Observer
Great idea! Are the top few rungs easily removable? Seems like someone could shave maybe 6" off the collapsed length for a little more storage room savings.

pratty85

Adventurer
Not sure, I don't mind the added height though. I have plenty of space because most of my storage is in bags. So everything just piles in. Plus I have had several instances where I have needed a ladder on trips(other than for getting to my roof rack.

This was the old method of reaching the rack:
DSCF0656.jpg

pratty85

Adventurer
Thanks for the compliment!
I understand about the family. I have just me and my girlfriend. I would really like to have an Espar setup, but having enough money is the usual holdup. Where did you get your Espar setup from?

pratty85

Adventurer
KTMRIDER,
How well does the ac/heater unit work? Do you have any pictures of what it looks like? I would love to have a Heater/AC combo setup but I am not sure which direction to go. My father has an Espar heating system in in Semi and he loves it, but his is just for heating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk