Zam15’s Tacoma Build

Box Rocket

Looks great man. Did you get your fenders directly from Glassworks? I hear they are a pain to work with. I've been watching classifieds for a set for a long time now.

trump

Adventurist
Had to replace the driver side fender soon after I got the truck and my paint job starting to chip off after a few years. After the other side got smashed I thought I would just replace both. So it was not to much of a jump for my case as everything was paid for. I'll likely swap in a Tundra, Ford 9", or D60 down the road, already have the bedsides to go on when I do the swap. Having large disc brakes out back would be nice! Not too worried about damaging the fenders as they can be repaired but they also have a lot of rise and sit very high, it would have to be a very big rock or rock wall for me to be worried. Just don't think I want to do the "squeeze" again..

Just trying to picture a Flip-Pac with fiberglass bedsides, I know the pac has an overhang on the bedsides so I think they might actually match up. :snorkel:

P.S. Thanks everyone for all the positive feedback!

Yeah, I don't think I'd worry as much about the front fenders as I would bedsides. It's a big target area that is compounded when it makes the truck wider, and I'd also have reservations about setting a flip-pac on top of them. I'm sure it would look sweet... just not sure I'd risk it with my money. I do love your new front setup though! LT is sweet for the terrain out here.

Zam15

Explorer
Which bump stop are you running upfront? Is that a wheelers bump?
Timbren bump stops, had them with my OME setup and loved them.
Looks great man. Did you get your fenders directly from Glassworks? I hear they are a pain to work with. I've been watching classifieds for a set for a long time now.
Ya got the package deal, bedsides and fenders. The shop could never get them on the phone and they shipped the wrong parts on the first go around.
Yeah, I don't think I'd worry as much about the front fenders as I would bedsides. It's a big target area that is compounded when it makes the truck wider, and I'd also have reservations about setting a flip-pac on top of them. I'm sure it would look sweet... just not sure I'd risk it with my money. I do love your new front setup though! LT is sweet for the terrain out here.
Current bedsides already have lots of battle damage so I know what you mean. When I switch to the glass I am going to go with a high clearance wrap around bumper so that should solve most of the issues. When I setup the bed for the Flip-Pac I am going to put in plenty of suport so I never have to worry about it causing problems.. But ya, kind of going into the unknown on this...

Last edited:

Saguache

Adventurer
DSC00053-2.jpg

That is one sweet looking rig, hoping to play a little follow the leader. Thanks!

Zam15

Explorer
so how's the long travel in action?
Recently did a quick overnighter with some friends out to the desert (Camping/Shooting), did not have a chance to really test it but did a night run and performed very well. The rear end was having trouble keeping up, and the washboards are still annoying(need to air down)... Also had four people inside and a full expedition loadout.

*Note-Never trust your GPS in the desert, the road it wanted me to follow ended up going off a 300 foot cliff!

Hope to get out aging soon, maybe with some fellow ExPo'ers and to some testing/photos. Just been too busy :(

Last edited:

Zam15

Explorer
Just a quick run out to Anza for TDS

IMAG0356-1.jpg

IMAG0355.jpg

DSC00007-7.jpg

Me lost? Never! :snorkel:
DSC00025-4.jpg

A little flex test:
IMAG0372.jpg

IMAG0374.jpg

Camp:
IMAG0379.jpg

IMAG0375.jpg

Finally made it out to Font's Point
6bca406e-8fec-4c60-9560-6a33999fbd72.jpg

REMOTEPLACES

Adventurer
Thanks for sharing. I've been looking at your thread for some time now, and I'm glad to see you got it back together better than ever. Looking at your latest pics I see you're not a fan of not knowing where you're at...So, what nav system can you recommend? I see you had several in your truck...phone, ipad, in dash nav etc... software hardware you like more than others. Thanks in advance.

Brown Mike

Nice build, and super local! How do you like the Built Right LT and what was the price tag on that? Only seen one other truck with it and it was a 2nd Gen

Zam15

Explorer
As far as nav goes they will all give you different directions haha and some wil have roads others don't. My DVD/Nav tried to take me over a cliff at night once so I don't fully trust any of them fully as it should be. I actually think a tablet with topo maps would be the best. Cell phone is only useful with signal, DVD/NAV is used the most for convenience and the laptop is.used when I.need a more detailed.map. Should have some additional info on the first post.

I have yet to see another 1st gen with the built right other than the sho owners truck so they are not common yet. But there are few shops that I trust with my truck and they have an awesome product, love the kit so far. Should set you back about 3k just for the kit... But I had a lost more done than just tossing on the LT kit.

Eventually I'll need to improve the back end and I'm crazy but this is the only thing that I think would fit the bill. What do you guys think of this sus setup? I need the bed space and I need to be able to carry a decent load and maintain good ground clearance. The LT up front is awesome so now I just need the rear to match... o_O
sus-1.jpg

My concept before the accident, still going this route but maybe just without the exo cage...
Phase21-1.jpg

Last edited:

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
Nah I wouldn't go links man. Not as good weight capacity and you loose a chink of storage.

Google cantilever tacoma suspension. That's what I want to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3

Members online