Zam15’s Tacoma Build

Zam15

Explorer
Well, looks like I have some horsepower in route from Texas! All my stickers were not adding enough :sombrero:

Can't wait to install this baby! Could not pass up the deal, no tax, free shipping and lowest price I could find for a new unit. The mountains should get a little less annoying now....

:smiley_drive:

Last edited:

ebg18t

Adventurer
Well, looks like I have some horsepower in route from Texas! All my stickers were not adding enough :sombrero:

Can't wait to install this baby! Could not pass up the deal, no tax, free shipping and lowest price I could find for a new unit. The mountains should get a little annoying now....

:smiley_drive:

Very cool. The SC should neutralize the mountains.

Zam15

Explorer
Yup^ It will be nice to not suffer the power loss at altitude anymore. Hill climbs at high altitude are not fun.

On another note after I got t-boned by a blond that ran a red light on Halloween and a deer hitting me by Yosemite I thought it was finally time to invest in a dash/windshield camera. Along with the many insane things I have seen on my travels and all the videos I have watched from Russia :Wow1:

So I got my 1080P dash cam, it includes GPS and G-Force tracking along with motion stabilization and event activation. I also plan to use it for trip documentation so that's I why I went with a higher resolution. It would have been a great help if I had it during the accident to show that I was turning on a green, if she had not hit another driver I may have been SOL. :mad:

So hopefully this will save me some trouble in the future.
IMAG1201.jpg

Zam15

Explorer
Retail $399, Amazon $329, on checkout $199... There is some kind of hidden promotion going on or a glitch to take that extra $130 off! :Wow1: But even then still a little pricy when compared to the cheapo Chinese ones, however it does talk to you in a nice female British voice, just wish I could get her to call me Bond :coffeedrink:

Last edited:

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Retail $399, Amazon $329, on checkout $199... There is some kind of hidden promotion going on or a glitch to take that extra $130 off! :Wow1: But even then still a little pricy when compared to the cheapo Chinese ones, however it does talk to you in a nice female British voice, just wish I could get her to call me Bond :coffeedrink:

that is very tempting . i to was able to see it drop to 199 on checkout.

Zam15

Explorer
All I can say is beautiful! Shop got everything bolted up and ready to go. Just trying to figure out conflict between the new belt position and the coolant tank. Does not want to work with the dual battery tray. Hopefully will get to take her out soon.
IMAG1214.jpg

Zam15

Explorer
Update: Supercharger runs and sounds good. Finally have some power back. Also another side effect is that my idle voltage is a little higher. Great for my battery kit that kept shutting off... So I'm not sure if it's the new tensioner or the supercharger keeping the RPMs up but it's nice.

Today I am replacing my LBJs, just too much play for my comfort, don't want my wheel suddenly falling off... About 130k on them along with many dirt miles. Going to keep the current ones as spares should something happen. This is one of the few week points left on the tacoma that I am aware of.

Zam15

Explorer
Custom coolant reservoir, tight fit to avoid the belts and fan.
IMAG1219.jpg

About time?
IMAG1215.jpg

New LBJs! No more worrying about getting stuck in the middle of nowhere...
IMAG1221.jpg

Zam15

Explorer
Also gotta say I love the dash cam! Everyone should have one..

Captures everything the mechanics do during a test drive, valet parking, car wash etc. Also you can keep it on when a mechanic is working on the vehicle to make sure the job is done right, you can also hear any comments they make about the vehicle or scams they try to pull. Millions of uses! :costumed-smiley-007

Zam15

Explorer
Ugh so it looks like I have had another headlight burn out... High Beams still work but the normal beam is burned out... Also getting tired of chaining my headlight fluid so I may invest in some HID Projector headlights to fix my issue. Although I wish they were not as pricy :( Time to bring out the credit card... Also half my instrument panel also went dark so I'll be replacing those as well.
I hate this snowball effect, why does everything go out at one time? I guess that's what happens with a 10 year old vehicle... Happy 10th Birthday! :birthday.sml:
5000K or 4300K???
STARR-XP3018-3.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal