Zam15’s Tacoma Build

Zam15

Explorer
With true projectors you can away with 5k. Nice supercharger.
Tapatalk

Thanks! I think you are right, looking around it seems like 5k is a good median for HID. Placed an order for 35w/5000k projectors so we will see how everything turns out.

Just have to try to not drive at night until I get them replaced... :peepwall:

Zam15

Explorer
Well it looks like now I only have Hi Beams lol The second bulb burned out. Hopefully they ship the headlights soon... Not going to be driving at night until then.

Also on the Supercharger I am debating on getting a 7th injector kit. It seems to act funny under certain driving conditions. On the highway I get pining in the 2050-2100RPM range and some other odd places. Although Toyota says it takes the computer several hundred miles to fully adapt and after that their should be no problem. We shall see.

Just hit a big milestone! 100,000k :Wow1: Hmmm now what to do?
IMAG0088.jpg

I envy you good sir....here's where Im sitting! :Wow1:

2013-12-11_12-43-43_488.jpg

Zam15

Explorer
I envy you good sir....here's where Im sitting! :Wow1:

2013-12-11_12-43-43_488.jpg

I'm not too far off anymore :( but she has gotten me through hell and back and then some! About to hit 130K in a few days :Wow1: but considering half the truck is new I am not too worried :ylsmoke: Hope to keep the truck around so that I can drive her off into the sunset when I retire in 50 years :coffeedrink: don't care if I have to replaced 90% of the parts by then!

I see you are also a Sidekick er... Samurai owner! Should have kept mine... Still have dreams about it.

I'm not too far off anymore :( but she has gotten me through hell and back and then some! About to hit 130K in a few days :Wow1: but considering half the truck is new I am not too worried :ylsmoke: Hope to keep the truck around so that I can drive her off into the sunset when I retire in 50 years :coffeedrink: don't care if I have to replaced 90% of the parts by then!

I see you are also a Sidekick er... Samurai owner! Should have kept mine... Still have dreams about it.

I agree! Im from Washington and I drove mine through Idaho and Montana this past summer and she never missed a beat. I hope to have mine for years to come as well. Just did a timing belt/water pump recently so its good for another 60k!

And yes sir I have a 87 Samurai Tin Top. Great little rig. Bought it bone stock with a blown motor and I lifted it and gave her a new life to live :)
DSC02185.jpg

Id also like to say that I really like your build thread on your Tacoma. I have the same truck and want to do a similar build. Here's my thread. Nice truck man! :coffeedrink:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/81121-NWEXPEDITION-s-2004-Expedition-Double-Cab-Build

Zam15

Explorer
Id also like to say that I really like your build thread on your Tacoma. I have the same truck and want to do a similar build. Here's my thread. Nice truck man! :coffeedrink:

Cool! I'll be keeping an eye on your build. Looking good.

Do you want to sell me your coolant reservoir? I have a leak in mine.
Dang! Sorry but I don't have it anymore or I would have gave it to you. :( Donated it already. Wish I had known sooner.

Looks like you had some good action shots from Baja. Now get that Snorkel on! :snorkel:

Zam15

Explorer
So I swapped out my old beat up and broken PA speaker for a new unit.
Went from 6-Inch 50 Watt to an 8-Inch 65 Watt unit. Fit in the same spot under my ARB without an inch to spare. Should be a decent improvement.
IMAG1231.jpg

IMAG1246.jpg

Also had to switch back to my stock bulbs until my new Bi-Xenon HID Projectors ship as my current bulbs burned out... Can barely tell the things are on but at least I am legal again. :(
IMAG1247.jpg

Wainiha

Explorer
Great thread. Great build. I love the tent heater. I love that you saved the owl.

Are you still here after all these years? How's the truck?

Zam15

Explorer
Are you still here after all these years? How's the truck?

Thanks, yup still around.

Update: So I had a close family member pass this weekend and I need to get my mid off things, how better to do that then working on the truck?

Finally had all the components together that I wanted to install (HAM, ScanGauge, Aux Speakers, and Dash Cam). It was about time to clean up all with wires and move the radios and gauges to a better location. Can't say this is original as I copied a few other builds but it just works so well!
IMAG1256.jpg

IMAG1252.jpg

P.S. Replacing burnt out dash bulbs is a PITA

Wainiha

Explorer
Cutting the headliner...scary.

I've been thinking about getting a HAM lately. My grandpa built 2. we talked from Kauai to San Diego until the FCC shut us down.

Zam15

Explorer
Cutting the headliner...scary.

I've been thinking about getting a HAM lately. My grandpa built 2. we talked from Kauai to San Diego until the FCC shut us down.

For the amount of things I have had to cut on this truck it did not scare me too much... Still working on the HAM License right now. Just need more time to study.

As for the Supercharger it works great around town! On the highway it's not bad but when I am cursing and hit any sort of incline/grade the engine pings like all hell so I have to keep it at below 2K RPM or floor it to 3K RPM :mad:
So I have been forced to spring for the URD 7th Injector Kit. Although I knew it was possible I would need it I did not want to spend the money right now. At least I'll be getting 30-40 HP on top of what I am already getting from the SC. :smiley_drive:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal