Zam15’s Tacoma Build

Clutch

<---Pass
It will also remove any Taco lean haha

haha, I keep my daily driver sand bag ballast mostly on the passenger side to compensate for that!

Close enough to the Tundra.... I like "pickup" tanks because they were designed to go on the passenger side of the truck so I don't think it would take much work to get one installed and hooked up.

oh yeah, I have had my Taco for so long, I forgot my '92 truck was like that.

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
"The 1989 Pickup had three fuel tank options: 13.7 gallons, 17.2 gallons or 19.3 gallons"

18.5 (current tank) + 19.3 = 37.8 Gal capacity.

Close enough to the Tundra.... I like "pickup" tanks because they were designed to go on the passenger side of the truck so I don't think it would take much work to get one installed and hooked up. It will also remove any Taco lean haha

nothing removes taco lean haha

i have my spare on my tire gate on the passenger side, 2nd battery and Co2 bottle there too...still taco lean.

Character :)

think my 86 was 16-17 gal. Not 19 haha

I like that idea though as well..never thought of that. should be easy to find too. I know where i could get a coulple easy locally.

Would you just wire them in serise so when one ran out you'd flip on the second tank? Bet i could even wire the stock gauge to work on both floats..

Zam15

Explorer
Would you just wire them in serise so when one ran out you'd flip on the second tank? Bet i could even wire the stock gauge to work on both floats..
There are hundreds of ways to set it up. Just do whatever works for you, I think I would just setup a transfer pump from one tank to the next. On another note it would also be a great spare! Just think, you have an exact copy of your main tank with an extra pump and everything. If something goes out or the tank gets punctured you always have a spare! :ylsmoke: No more worry about getting stranded by a bad pump.

Also just did a small mod, running out of places to put things so I did a magnetic mount for my HAM hand mic. UBER CLEAN
IMAG1300.jpg

IMAG1302.jpg

Credit to: "4RunAmok" & "barlowrs"

Zam15

Explorer

Just check them out and did some measurements, due to having a double cab I'll likely have to have some custom links made. Those put one of the two shocks half way into my cab :snorkel: Only way would be to kick the axle back a few inches.

On another note when I got my fiberglass fenders (6.5")/bedsides(4.0") It was with two different sizes. Should I try to trade in my 4" bedsides for 6"? I plan on having a full length axle with 35x12.5R16, I'm not sure how it will all look/fit when said and done. Also plan on making the fenders/bedsides removable (quick disconnect) so if I really want to hit the trails I would not have to worry about body damage :smiley_drive:

Zam15

Explorer
I know of at least two people that have 6" Glassworks bedsides for DC. Not sure if was just a special batch they did.. Just want to make sure I can flex/stuff 35" with LT and snow chains. I'll give them a call to see if I can swap. 8" is getting crazy haha that's when you start having trouble fitting in a parking spots.

Will also have some extra storage available in the rear quarter panels for Jerry cans, ammo boxes or whatever! See attached Tacoma with 6" bedsides.

IMG_20140118_131641_204_zps8641c46c.jpg

Last edited:

Zam15

Explorer
So I got tired of having to replace my headlight fluid when it rains so I replaced my corner lights with some new ones. Matches the headlights much better now.
IMAG1354.jpg

IMAG1355.jpg

Also, how do most of you track your maintenance? I keep most everything in an excel sheet, just punch in my current millage and it tells me what I need to work on.
ToyotaMain.jpg

Zam15

Explorer
Got ahold of Glassworks Unlimited, going to drop off my 4" bedsides on Thursday and they are going to make a fresh set 7" bedsides for me! All I have to do is pay the restocking fee! Working in LA, staying in a hotel and they gave me a strange look as I walked through with fiberglass bedsides to put them in my room :snorkel:

I think it will match the 6.5" front end much better than the ones I currently have. Won't have to worry about stuffing 35"! or maybe even 37"s.... :cool: But likely not maybe if I do a SAS.

Now that I'll finally have the right bedsides I can have a custom rear bumper fabricated to match the new lines and continue down this rabbit hole.

Last edited:

Zam15

Explorer
What rear bumper are you going with?
They don't make any off the shelf that work with fiberglass bedsides, going to have one custom made similar to the ones by CBI.

Dual swing out
2 Jerry cans+35" Spare
High clearance wrap around (cut bedsides)
Tow hitch
Recovery Points
All integrated with a boxed frame&#8230;

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3