Zelix Homemade Trailer Build

Zelix

Adventurer
You can also purchase them from any Mombasa Dealer or Mombasa themselves.

Great looking build.

Jeremy

Ps. I can help you out if you are interested. I am a dealer.

Thanks for the compliment.

I'm sending you a PM. :)

It's looking real nice; can't wait to see it in person.

You bringing the family this time?

Thanks. I have to say it looks good from 100 yards.... It gets a little rough when you get close to it. I have so much to do to button up the finish so I can paint it. I have alot of welds that I really need to 'go over' and some serious grinding to do.

I will be bringing my daughter. My wife has to work that weekend. She was open to the idea of camping....but...she wasn't real upset to be working instead. My daughter is excited to go camping and to see snow. I can't wait to see y'all again. :)

Zelix

Adventurer
Looking good man... see ya in a few weeks!

~ Stump

Thanks. I can't wait to see everyone again.

Man, I just dropped some cash last nite getting my daughter some thermal underwear and cool hiking books. I think she's going to get into this whole outdoors thing.:wings:

We might do a trial camp run in the backyard this upcoming weekend. :sombrero:

Zelix

Adventurer
Man is it just me or is the price of steel thru the roof? I just ordered the steel to make a nice firewood box on the front of the trailer. I'm picking it up at lunchy time. I hope to get it finished this upcoming weekend.:wings:

Zelix

Adventurer
Ok I got new spring steel tent poles. I'm running into difficulties getting to fit right. These are the things you run into. Anyone can tell me how the poles fit into the tent base?

here's what's going on now:

tryingnewtentpoles.jpg

As you can tell from that photo I need to lower the rain fly a bit. I think it's up to high at this moment.

Here's a picture of the tongue before the fire box is built.

tonguebeforefirebox.jpg

Things are coming together on this build. I hope to build a nice place to strap down the propane tank today as well. :ylsmoke:

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
Just realised I had a PM from you on the rods. I am sending a reply with pics now.

~ James

Zelix

Adventurer
Just realised I had a PM from you on the rods. I am sending a reply with pics now.

~ James

Thanks. I got the PM. I will get this done.

I appreciate your help.

ok I'm headed outside to get to work. will post pictures later of the results.:)

Zelix

Adventurer
Ok got the firebox started yesterday. Here's where I left off. I still have to weld the uprights. I also have to drill the holes for bolting to the trailer.

I will work on it some more today hopefully.

firebox1.jpg

firebox2.jpg

I think I've got the tent pole 'pocket' situation figured out. I will start on that next.:ylsmoke:

Zelix

Adventurer
Ok I have the firebox on. I also worked on making a propane holder. I still have to finish up the propane holder. I'll make another on for the other side later on after I get back from the camping trip. I bought a canvas for the RTT. I think I will buy another tarp that's bigger. That will give me double protection.

trailer1-15-11-1.jpg

trailer1-15-11-2.jpg

trailer1-15-11-3.jpg

I haven't gotten the tent pole pockets done. I have an idea how to make it work....just not enough time to get it going before the trip.

Last edited:

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
Looking good man!

I got my chainsaw mount finished on my trailer the other day, now I am trying to figure out how I want to do my incorporated kitchen slideout.... it never ends with these things!

~ Stump

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach